Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2010, 08:05 PM  

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Wineries in the Philadelphia Region.

I've been to Chadds Ford, Rose Bank, Buckingham Valley, and Crossing Vineyards in the area in the last few months. Tastings are generally $6 for a range of reds, whites, and dessert wines.

Buckingham Valley is our favorite, they have a wide selection, reasonable prices, and their cabernet sauvignon is the best out of all the other wineries.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:09 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
You should really check out Unofficial website of the Va La Nation. Avondale, Pennsylvania. Home of Va La wines
They do some amazing stuff for this region.

I have also heard good things about Paradocx Vineyard

Old 12-14-2010, 03:40 PM  

Anyone else have other recommendations for wineries/vineyards that are close to the Philly area? I don't mind an overnight trip either. Just starting to explore the world of wine, and would love to visit & taste locally.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:50 AM  

Philadelphia, Pa
Peace Valley Winery

300 Old Limekiln Rd
Chalfont, Pennsylvania 18914
(215) 249-9058

Here's the Website!

I've been going there for years. With the Holidays around the corner, try the Spicewine. It's a warm wine great for Christmas.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:49 PM  

Chadds Ford, Pa
Maybe because it's in my back yard well only a mile and a half from my house but I like the Chadds Ford Winery Paradoxcx is also very good.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:26 PM  

Warminster, PA
I agree with Buckingham Valley Vineyards. For several years we would buy their wine in cases as gifts for coworkers and neighbors. Very reasonable prices and great wine. Peace Valley is also very nice and you can go over to the lake and enjoy a nice view too.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:03 PM  

Slatington, Pennsylvania
Blue Mountain Vineyards in New Tripoli has consistently excewllent wines, and they're really nice people as well.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:29 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
The Bucks County Wine Trail would be a good day trip. Some of the wineries usually have special events as well...
Bucks County Wine Trail
Old 12-29-2010, 01:16 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
The Bucks County Wine Trail would be a good day trip. Some of the wineries usually have special events as well...
Bucks County Wine Trail
Big thanks for this link! Now I'll have to start planning.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:14 PM  

There are many many good wineries just over the bridge in South Jersey. Check them out, they are popping up all over. A great one is the Swansea Winery in Shiloh, NJ. They frequently have special tastings paired with great food, at a great price. Just google their name for the website. Its about 40 mins from Philly and lots of historical attractions nearby.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!