Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 PM  

Gilbert, az
Chandler Traditional Academy - Chandler Unified School District

My daughters are starting kindergarden this year and I was curious who has had experience with Chandler Unified School district and the CTA schools.

I like the idea of uniforms and focus on scholastics, but have also heard that some parents think it is too much for kids - 1.5 hours of homework in first grade.

Thoughts?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I think no parents of Asian first graders have a problem with it. I arrived in college with zero study habits or even a basic method. I wasn't the only person in my dorm with weak or missing study skills. I had to invent my own but I think ideally they're instilled at an early age while the child is still in full "sponge mode".

By 4 I was reading about 4 hours a day for pleasure. Never harmed me at all and was in my forties before needing glasses.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:50 AM  

Gilbert, az
I guess my biggest fear is that it will cut into our much loved tele time...plus, who needs books these days when you can get your kid an ipad! In all seriousness, though, having been a product of Jesuit education, I want my kids to be challenged and prepared for whatever life can throw at them. Little hard work never hurt anyone, right?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.