Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 AM  

Chandler, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
Four Peaks and Rock Bottom are pretty good. I wish there were some in the farther east valley.
There is a Gordon Biersch in the San Tan shopping area near Total Wine. Other than that, the SanTan brewery is on Arizona Ave. & Chandler.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:10 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
Having only lived here for 2 months here are the places so far I've found to have good craft or micro-brewed beer.

- The Hungry Monk (Used to be called Buffalo Wings & Rings) in Chandler NE of Dobson & Chandler Blvd.

- San Tan Brewery in downtown Chandler on Arizona Ave. S. of Chandler Blvd.

- Papago Brewing at the SW corner of Scottsdale & McDowell.

- Four Peaks Brewery on 8th St. between Rural & McKlintock in Tempe.

- Whole Foods SE corner of Ray & Price/101 in Chandler.

If you know of other places with a decent craft beer selection please add it to the thread.

p.s. If you're a homebrewer be sure to check out the HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.
forum.
We used to have an office 3 doors down from Four Peaks. Whenever I was in Tempe on business, I would normally go there for lunch. The food was great. Happy hour is busy but lots of fun. Good beer too!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:10 PM  

North Phoenix, AZ
as far as finding craft brew in stores, Theres a place in Anthem called hops and tannins that sells some hard to find beers and wine...they also sell brewing equipment

Total wine and more has a HUGE selection.

as far as breweries, pinnacle peak patio, four peaks, sleepy dog, san tan brewing company,

I know gordon biersch and rock bottom are around, but they arent really true breweries, they have the equipment on site to be called a brewpub but they still have all there beers shipped in...although raptor red is very tasty!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:03 AM  

phoenix, arizona
Total Wine is one of my faves for "mix and match" 6 packs. They also have a pretty good 6 pack selection. The "beer tasting" classes are good to get an idea of different beers out there, like the recent Oktoberfest and Pumpkin Beer class.

I also like BevMo for beer selection. That is one of the few places I can find "Cheerwine" on occasion (yummy soda from NC)
Old 11-16-2010, 09:24 AM  

Phoenix, AZ
I live in north central phoenix and frequent SunUp Brewing on Camelback (I can walk there from my house). They make all their own beer and I've never been disappointed.

Four peaks is a solid choice.

Papago Brewing is the best place to get craft beers on draft. They have 30 rotating taps and often have beers I've never seen elsewhere and special events.

And another vote for Total Wine's mix and match 6 packs.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 PM  

Mesa, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
Four Peaks and Rock Bottom are pretty good. I wish there were some in the farther east valley.
Not a bar but they had two craft beers on tap Barros Pizza at Power
Rd. and Brown Rd. I stopped in to pick up a pizza and they had San Tan's Devils Ale and Alaskan's Amber Ale on tap for only 2.50 a pint.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:50 PM  

Mesa, Arizona
For other brewery places in the Phoenix area:

Sonoran Brewery at 10426 E. Jomax Rd., Scottsdale, at the Pinnacle Peak Patio Steakhouse.

Sun Up Brewery at 322 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix
Old 11-17-2010, 02:53 AM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Electric Daves in Tempe next to ASU should be up and brewing now. I believe they're on 5th & College.
Old World Brewery has moved to 25th Ave & Van Buren just recently. The brewery itself will be called Capital Brewery and they plan to start brewing by the end of this month. They should be open for business before the end of the year. The place should look pretty nice when they're finished.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 AM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Forgot the newest brewery up north is the Lumberyard in Flagstaff. They're brewing beers with Beaver Street. Give the Imperial Amber a try. Mmmm mmmmm.
In Williams, the Grand Canyon Brewery is up and running. You can get some of their beers in cans at a local store. I suggest stopping by the brewery itself if you like small town on Route 66 type of feel.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:57 AM  

Mesa, Arizona
If you're ever in the Sedona area a great place to stop at is Oak Creek Brewing. It's a small place off the beaten path with lots of charm. A great place to have a pint or two or ....
They are located at 2050 Yavapai Dr. in Sedona.
The Nut Brown Ale they have there is delicious.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.