Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2010, 01:25 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Illegal Immigrants

Have any of you noticed any difference in the Illegals being Az was going to get tuff on Illegals ?
Did that law pass ?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:15 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I don't live there so I don't know how the illegal's numbers, per say, are being affected. However, the law was federally frozen I believe, and is going to go into Federal Court - so, for right now, I don't believe it's in effect.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-05-2010, 05:20 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Parts of SB 1070 are frozen for now. They still catch illegals everyday down here on the border. They found 2 tons of pot in a truck last week. Nothing new.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
ok, thanks for the info, I havent heard anything lately about it either, and Im thinking about relocating, to someplace warm, Im getting tired of the cold, lol
Old 12-06-2010, 03:21 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Come to Hawaii?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-06-2010, 09:03 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Come to Hawaii?
if I could afford it, Id seriously think about it,,, the move alone would kill me, lol
Old 12-06-2010, 10:20 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Well Phoenix is the 2nd most kidnapping spot in the WORLD. Tucson is very liberal.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 AM  

tucson, az
i'd say tucson is very liberal for az but it is az and military town....i also said I would not discuss politics but....(not really politics just facts)

before the bill was even voted on some um "hispanic" neighborhoods began to clear out, illegal immigrants who want free school and health care for their kids are getting out (not necessarily going south) BUT the hard core criminals and smugglers, well they obvioulsy dont care much about the law....

still i'd reccomend az as a retirment destination heck I moved here before retirement.... ddang cold up north
Old 12-06-2010, 11:14 AM  

tucson, az
of course the home building industry being burnt out had a lot to do with the working class illegals moving on....still plenty of business for smugglers.....
Old 12-06-2010, 12:52 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
ddang cold up north

Not necessarily........

Born in Minnesota, college in Wisconsin and later a survivor of Pennsylvania ice storms so I know cold.

After 6 years in Oregon I can vouch for the warmish winters West of the Cascades. One week in December over a six year period was actual snow on the ground winter.

Snow usually hits the higher neighborhoods around Portland but is gone in a day.

The Cascades hold warm moist air from the Pacific until you cross the Cascades. Instead of snow and ice we get fog, overcast skies and misty rain. You never see an umbrella because a baseball cap or a hoodie sweatshirt suffices.
Oregon stays green 12 months a year because of the evergreens and crops grow in the Willamette valley year round.

Cold is hard on my old bones but heat exhausts me. Here in Oregon cold is almost never an issue and most outdoor activities continue all year.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads