Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM  

Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Ahhh, so we went to war so a few guys at the top could make some extra money, is that it? Really?
So tell me why are we in Iraq? Afghanistan, I understand why we (and I) went there, but Iraq is a complete mystery to me, unless you start taking the oil argument a little more seriously. Unless it was to finish what daddy couldn't.

S/F

Old 12-16-2010, 02:06 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
What unit where you with when you went to the Ghan?

They harbored terrorists that directly supported the 9/11 attacks, were running a tyranny that was suspected of having weapons of mass destruction, and routinely used killing and genocide on their own people. I mean, is it really that big of a mystery?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 PM  

St Simons Island, Georgia
Quote:

They harbored terrorists that directly supported the 9/11 attacks, were running a tyranny that was suspected of having weapons of mass destruction, and routinely used killing and genocide on their own people. I mean, is it really that big of a mystery?
Well written. Oil? Seriously?
Old 12-17-2010, 07:32 AM  

Phoenix, AZ
Quote:

I was with the 13th MEU back in '02 attached to some **** hole Army division... 10th mountain I think?

Were bad people in charge of the country, yes... do we have to be the police of the world when no one else cares... no
Old 12-17-2010, 12:21 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDr6 View Post
I was with the 13th MEU back in '02 attached to some **** hole Army division... 10th mountain I think?

Were bad people in charge of the country, yes... do we have to be the police of the world when no one else cares... no
I'm not sure where you're getting that 'nobody cares', but there was plenty of support for the push into Iraq. I wasn't there, but I know plenty of Marines who were at the initial invasion of Falujah, and they talk about getting care packages from all over the world - from people they didn't even know.

I'm current Marines Corps now, so I salute you sir.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:49 PM  

I lived there for 5 years to long.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:11 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Lived where?

Old 12-18-2010, 07:51 AM  

Phoenix, AZ
I meant the international community. Support from home was great even thoughthe only ones that got any care packages were back on the ship lol
Old 12-20-2010, 03:16 PM  

Gilbert, az
Immigrant Spotting

When hunting south of Tucson, I usually see more illegals than deer.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:17 PM  

Gilbert, az
Tons of garbage too. Haven't seen much of a change this year, but perhaps garbage isn't the best barometer for illegal crossings.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads