Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2011, 11:53 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
No disrespect, but history has all the facts on that! Opinions abound, but on every level, the "Puppetmeister" and his long line up of corrupt and dishonest string pullers were dead wrong in every regard in this "obvious, special interest war"! We're all still waiting for, as he puts it......"History to prove him right"....? Lastly, we're still drifing horribly on this thread highjacking and apologies to the OP!
The intelligence for WMD came from about 9 different countries' intel. Also, during interrogation after Saddam was apprehended, he admitted to claiming and acting like he did, so as not to appear weak to his Iranian neighbors. How are you so passionate about this and haven't read it?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-30-2011, 12:28 AM  
Traveler

Agh heck, maybe the OP doesn't mind. Okay, here we go..... Read this article. Source of Iraq WMD intelligence tells his story - CNN

Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 AM  
Traveler

And this..... Iraq and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-30-2011, 12:38 AM  
Traveler

From the BBC. BBC NEWS | UK | Politics | No WMD in Iraq, source claims Note toward the end of the article the part about the US being largly in charge of the research findings about the WMDS in Iraq!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:45 AM  
Traveler

Here's another good one........ Iraq and Weapons of Mass Destruction This report pretty much spells out the Bush lack of intelligence and points to those nations being a part of the IAEA and trying to back up the UNs fact based information that Iraq in fact had no WMDs, though I will grant you that Saddam wasn't very coperative, but this certainly flys in the face of Alqaeda being exclusively involved with Saddam as some die hards would love to believe. The fact is, that the Iraq war was an illegal war and the intel which was largely gathered by the bush team with some support from Britain, was grossly misrepresented.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:53 AM  
Traveler

White House 'buried British intelligence on Iraq WMDs' - Times Online
Old 01-30-2011, 01:02 AM  
Traveler

Faulty Intel Source "Curve Ball" Revealed - 60 Minutes - CBS News
Old 01-30-2011, 01:28 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hah, lets take this one post at a time.

First off, the sources of the intel on WMD are still classified, so, unfortunately, anyone else coming forward claiming that they gave the intel is impossible to verify.

Secondly, how are you defining WMD? Do you consider chemical weapons WMD's, because, officially, they are. I hate to play the Wikipedia game, because literally anyone can get on Wiki and edit it, but here's a good article documenting the Iraqi government using chemical weapons, aka WMD's, on their own people. Halabja poison gas attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-30-2011, 06:58 PM  
Traveler

Jake, I threw articles in here that go well beyond Wikipedia. Wiki was just one of many sources quoted, and the list goes well above and many pages beyond if you're willing to spend the time reading. First things first though. There is no question that Saddam was a coward, and yes he certainly did gas the Kurds, which aren't really his own people. Saddam, in the days leading up to the orinal gulf war "Desert Storm" was absolutely equipped with chemical weapons largely provided by the US in a bid to help fight Iran, which was our enemy in the late 1970s. I could dig up much info on the US supplying the Iraqi government with the equipment to produce these weapons, but just trust me on this. It is documented. After desert storm, those stockpiles of weapons and the infrastructure needed to build them, was totally destroyed. Yes, Saddam did desire to arm again against the US. He was dishonest in many ways and worked to deceive the UN, but US sanctions against that country, kept Saddam largley under control. The problem is that bush asserted that Saddam was building weapons, and had mobile chemical trailers used as labs and chemical depots. If you think about it Jake, the Bush administration was looking for a target. A scapegoat. Do you think that the US would rely on info from other countries alone, about this looming threat, without checking for themselves? We've got a heck of a lot of satelites up there. We've got the CIA. The penitgon, and a whole lot of other information gathering nations. The Navy seals were in the country checking things out. Even if it were true that 9 countries had evidence of Iraq ramping up WMDs (actually it was 9 countries stating that Iraq did not have WMDS) don't you think that we would check it out for ourselves? Just to illistrate how poorly this whole thing was planned out, or should I say....NOT! Remember the total chaos of civel unrest in the country? The looting of museums and other important facilities? The food supplies? The ransacking of hospitals? We sure made sure to protect those oil wells though! The aftermath of the war was in so many ways handled exactly with the precision and planning of the Katrina fiasco! You can't hear me, but I just let out a great big ole hearty laugh!! We saw the mission in Iraq go from trying to stop an absolute attack on the US with chemical weapons, then suddenly it was "Operation Iraqi freedom! And we promoted freedom and democracy, by rounding up "suspected" terrorists, and then locking them up without a trial or hearing, and even tortured many of them! I could go on and on and on, but my fingers are tired of typing and my kids and wife are sitting all alone. But in short, I'll just say that aside from some Talibanlike stubborness in some folks in this country, who are insanely white eyed and refuse to see the truth, history has the goods on this massive screw up!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:21 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Hah, lets take this one post at a time.

First off, the sources of the intel on WMD are still classified, so, unfortunately, anyone else coming forward claiming that they gave the intel is impossible to verify.

Secondly, how are you defining WMD? Do you consider chemical weapons WMD's, because, officially, they are. I hate to play the Wikipedia game, because literally anyone can get on Wiki and edit it, but here's a good article documenting the Iraqi government using chemical weapons, aka WMD's, on their own people. Halabja poison gas attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I love these sort of debates and respect your opinion, but I must muse that in the smoldering shrapnal of that administrations ignorance, and arrogance, that they would have certainly declassified those mystery documents, and brought them forward. I mean for serious now. Frankly, I'm stunned that Mr Rumsfield didn't fabricate some sort of fake evidence over there, except that, like everything else they did over there, planning and proper execution was not part of the plan.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!