Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 05:10 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
Race cars!

ive never really done a build thread on anything. ive always wanted to do one for my jeep or a car i want to buy (99 civic Si) but i just dont have the money at the moment. so ive decided. well. ive helped my dad build MANY race cars. so why not do a build up of that?

ive helped build an indy car, DSR, modlites, dwarf cars, star mazda, indy pro series. ive worked on pro trucks, nascar k&n cup cars, stock cars etc. if i get a chance ill take pictures of any of those whenever we have to build them up again. i just have completed pictures of a few if anyone is interested in seeing them.

this will be a build up of a new project, and when i say new i mean, only one has ever been sold so far. we have been asked to build 5 mini modlites. they are basically a small race car to get kids into circle track racing. based off the modlite chassis just alot smaller. the one we are doing now has a 6.5hp 4 stroke. so its just a toy. but pretty cool. ok enough talking heres the pix of what we got completed today...

today i unloaded the chassis from the yukon, thats how small it is. it fits in the back of a yukon/suburban with alot of room to spare...i took the fuel tank off the motor and mounted it to the chassis. rewired the kill switch. mounted the motor to the chassis. relocated the starter/pull cable. and put the front bumper on. now we wait for parts!

if anyone is interested in these buying one pm me. and if you are interested in race cars in general i can post some pix. i have TONS of pictures of other cars

Old 11-03-2010, 10:30 AM  

phoenix, az
that is awesome, when the wife gets back to work and we get back on our feet I might be interested.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:04 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
sweeto. its great for the family. gettin your kid out on the track. keeps them out of trouble when they are older too. i used to street race then i found the track and it potentially saved mine and someone elses lives.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 AM  

phoenix, az
My oldest son had a quad that my ex-wife literally threw away during our divorce.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
my parents got divorced when i was really young and my dad was always really enthusiastic about getting my into go karting so i could start the racing ladder at a young age. but he always said your mom has to pay for half of it. well...my mom...to put it nicely is financially retarded. i guess shes kind of a shopaholic in a sense so i knew i would never get that chance (there goes my dream of winning the indy 500) and now my dad works on indy cars and if i had started at a young age i know all the right people. i just dont have the experience they want. it really blows

my dad remarried and they had a kid. my little brother. my dad is going to build one of these for him (this kids spoiled like no other, plasma screen tv in his room any game console you could think of, closet over flowing with toys that kind of deal) and he pretty much said HELL NO im not racing. i told him you know what i would have done to be as lucky as you when i was your age? i never got the chance dont be stupid. try it....

so im going to help him build these. and save up, then build my own race car and try to fill that missing gap in my life.

parts come in monday. heading into town to pick them up then hopefully
Old 11-04-2010, 03:14 PM  

phoenix, az
I also have remarried, My wife has a younger son, not spoiled with material goods, but has a attitude problem, Likes to interrupt, does things bad intentionally then smirks about it. Gets punished and it is to no effect.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:25 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
i deal with it from my little brother and cousin. ive been staying with my dad for the past few months but i live with my aunt so i see both regularly. my brother is spoiled beyond belief in my opinion. and hes kind of a mamas boy and he doesnt like to leave the house. i cant figure him out...

my cousin...well lets say. he has had swat called to his school because of him...that sums it up lol. since i moved in he kind of idolizes me so he seems to be getting slightly better cause he knows i dont put up with it and he tries to act like me i guess. but still. its a work in progress.

my doctor told me once that the ones that act out have a better chance of being successful when they grow up cause they already dont care what people think and they are going to do what they want so they wont listen to negative critisizim and will just do as they please to become successful. so i guess it has a plus
Old 11-07-2010, 09:47 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
picking up the parts and maybe another chassis in the morning! pretty excited. lets see how much i can get put together
Old 11-08-2010, 09:56 AM  

phoenix, az
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post

my doctor told me once that the ones that act out have a better chance of being successful when they grow up cause they already dont care what people think and they are going to do what they want so they wont listen to negative critisizim and will just do as they please to become successful. so i guess it has a plus

I hope so, I worry about this kid.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:00 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydiablo View Post
I hope so, I worry about this kid.
lol what parent doesnt worry about their kid?

no parts today. the man in charge didnt deliver. so i was going to get them tomorrow. but apparently im some private tutor/slave and have to do school work with my brother cause hes homeschooled now...so i most likely will get them thursday. if not then i give up and im telling my dad to get them. done bending my schedual around his.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!