Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-19-2010, 12:31 PM  

S510 food bill

How do you fill about your rights being taken away to raise a garden or give food to your neighbors. It is a low down disgusting bill. Goggle it.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:02 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
somewhere I read this.. "Small farms and food facilities that do less than $500,000 in sales annually and sell most of their food locally would be exempt from most of the new regulations in the bill"

Still I don't agree with this bill. The USDA and the rest of 'em need to improve on what they are already doing instead of screwing people over, We have too many food poisoning outbreaks in this country considering the amount of money we give the government to have these departments "keep us safe" and all these outbreaks, they all come from the BIG companies and distributors. I'll trust a local farmers market with locally grown produce, eggs, meat over something that is "USDA inspected" in a big name store, so long as their clean and know what they are doing, but with money being tight everywhere, farmers markets being a longer drive and higher prices, tough economic times/super tight budges, makes it hard to help support local farmers all the time.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.