Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM  
Just passin through

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
What to do?

Ok, I am here for a week (leave next Wed.) with my wife and her father in law who lives here and we are trying to look for stuff to do. We are planning to go the the GC on Sunday and stay in Flagstaff on Sunday night but are looking for things to do the rest of the time. Anybody around here have any ideas?

Old 02-18-2011, 12:43 PM  
Knife Maker

When you are up by Flagstaff there is a Lava Tube north of the city to go see and there is also Meteor Crater and Wupatki Indian Ruins nearby.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:54 AM  

Peoria, AZ
Agreed the lava tube is cool, there's a craft beer fest going on as well. The white tanks are good hiking as well
Old 02-21-2011, 08:00 AM  
Just passin through

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Well, we made it to the Grand Canyon yesteday despite the weather and it was incredible, especially with the snow and clouds rolling through. We were thinking of trying to make it to Sedona today to see the red rocks but it looks like 89 is closed. We'll see how it looks after a late breakfast.

The lava tubes look nice but my wife's back is bad so that doesn't look promising, especially with the weather and how she is sore from walking around the canyon yesterday. I am definitely going to make note of this for next time we make it up here.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:17 PM  

Chandler, AZ
If you make go to Sedona, loop through Cottonwood, Clarkdale and Jerome on your way back.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:32 AM  
Just passin through

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
We made it through those cities/towns but weren't really interested in shops so we made our way back to look at Montezuma Castle before coming back to Phoenix. Impressive.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads