Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 12:21 PM  

Erie, PA
Beer bars north of the city?

Any recommendations for good beer bars in and around Pittsburgh? My wife's farmily is from the area and we are down there quite a bit. We are normally north of the city near the airport. We normally can't make it down to the market disctrict, so I guess I am looking for something in the northern suburbs.

Thanks!

Old 11-24-2010, 09:00 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
They're all good around here... This is a beer city! Brewpubs are not hard to come by either.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:01 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
You could try Patrick's Pub in Coraopolis too...
Old 11-26-2010, 08:23 AM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
It's a little bit of a hike for ya, but the Hop House on Three Degree Road and Babcock Blvd. in the North Hills has a great selection of beers. Plus they do trivia every Monday night, which is actually really fun.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:20 AM  

ohio
You can't go wrong in the southside. One of the best Beer bars there is called fat heads. It is located on Carson street. Fat heads features over 200 different types of beers.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:48 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
They have the North Park Lounge. They built a new Deckhouse at the one in Cranberry and its pretty sweet
Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
New Amsterdam in Lawernceville is one of my favorite places to go for a good beer. Also, if you're further north near New Kinsington then House of 1000 Beers is worth a stop. And if you like a place for a good cocktail then head to Embury in the Strip District. It's by far the best place I've found in Pittsburgh for a cocktail the way they should be done.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:40 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
If you are just looking for mix and match 6-packs, check out the bottle shop on university in Moon.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:31 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by recoTPD View Post
You can't go wrong in the southside. One of the best Beer bars there is called fat heads. It is located on Carson street. Fat heads features over 200 different types of beers.
If you come to SouthSide looking for good beer, it would be a crime to skip Smokin' Joe's. It's only a block or two away from Fathead's, and has an even better beer selection (though I definitely wouldn't skip Fathead's either).

Any of the Sharp Edge bar/restaurants are great, especially for Belgian beer. The Belgian drafts are pretty pricey, but if you make it during happy hour, they're half off. I could be wrong, but I think the furthest north one is the Sharp Edge Bistro in Sewickley. There are 5 of them now though, so check their website (Locations) to find the one closest to you.

Bocktown (The place to beer?|? Bocktown Beer and Grill) is also pretty good. Good food, good beer selection (though their bottled stuff is pretty pricey), and pretty close to the airport, I think.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!