Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2011, 04:13 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for the links guys. I think I do need something in the 60 qt range. I shouldn't be worried about sturdiness with aluminum?
Also, I'm wondering what your thoughts are on valves. My friend has a drill bit for drilling through stainless steel (so I assume it would also work on aluminum). And it seems like it would be worth the installation time and $20-30 for the valve to not have to lift and manually pour 15 gallons of hot liquid every time we brew. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Old 02-10-2011, 01:04 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
For an extra $19 (the Agri pot is $105 shipped), it seems like this stainless steel pot might be a better deal, no?
Amazon.com: Bayou Classic 1060 62-Quart Stainless-Steel Stockpot with Vented Lid: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Old 02-10-2011, 05:03 AM  
bja

Butler, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by london1o1 View Post
Thanks for the links guys. I think I do need something in the 60 qt range. I shouldn't be worried about sturdiness with aluminum?
Also, I'm wondering what your thoughts are on valves. My friend has a drill bit for drilling through stainless steel (so I assume it would also work on aluminum). And it seems like it would be worth the installation time and $20-30 for the valve to not have to lift and manually pour 15 gallons of hot liquid every time we brew. Anyone have any opinions on this?
As far as stainless or aluminum, it's your call. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. Like I said, if you take care of aluminum (don't bang it around too much), it'll last forever.

Try this website:

Welcome to Keggle Brewing - Helping To Keep Home Brewing Fun and Affordable -

His name is Terry and he's located in Glenshaw right off of Middle Road. He has everything you'll need to add the ball valves.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!