Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 10:32 AM  

Chicago, IL
Jeff Reed Released as Steelers Kicker

I liked him but when I think of his inconsistency this year and the possibility of him blowing a playoff game, I think management made a good decision. Although Suisham has been know to blow some pretty important field goals as well. We shall see...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Old 11-19-2010, 01:38 PM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
well if a running back is struggling you can just bench him and see if he gets his head straight . . . no chance to do that with kickers and they are fragile as it is. Dude missed 7 of his 22 kicks, I support the move

Old 11-20-2010, 05:58 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbj View Post
well if a running back is struggling you can just bench him and see if he gets his head straight . . . no chance to do that with kickers and they are fragile as it is. Dude missed 7 of his 22 kicks, I support the move
I agree, plus his kick offs weren't very deep or consistent.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:03 AM  

Oil City, PA
I think if Jeff would have taken some of the blame instead of always putting the blame elsewhere he would have been given another chance, and maybe received more sympathy from the fans. Take a year off and get your head in the game. Overall I do hope he finds another team and can continue a career in the game.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:38 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
he will no doubt get a gig somewhere else. If Cinci didn't implode they would be all over him. They still might
Old 11-23-2010, 02:08 PM  

Boston, MA
Have to be better than that. It's a bad field to kick on but you can't be the worst in the league (% wise) and keep your job. I liked the guy but they had to do it.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:29 PM  

Caribou, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by marx3006 View Post
Have to be better than that. It's a bad field to kick on but you can't be the worst in the league (% wise) and keep your job. I liked the guy but they had to do it.
Further proof that no man is irreplaceable

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!