Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 12:23 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Looking For Affordable Places To Go With A Date.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good places in Pittsburgh to take a Date that won't break the wallet.

It doesn't need to be some dive, or even something free. I'm willing to spend some money, but at this time of year, I can't be spending $100+ on the both of us every time we go out.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
I don't go on a lot of super date-y dates, but trying to think of a few possibilities.
Kaya, Toast, Soba, and Dish seem nice and date-y, and aren't super cheap, but I would think you'd definitely get out for less than $100.
Maybe the Library or Point Brugge? Sharp Edge (any of them)? I'm a big beer fan, so most of the places I'd try to go would have really good beer selections, but if you have any specific criteria of your own, that might help...?

Old 12-22-2010, 02:05 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Thank you for the suggestions. I've always wanted to try Sharp Edge, so that is a definite possibility.

I guess I ended up wording the post a little wrong. I was hoping to start a thread where people could post or find some special places to take a date that don't cost a fortune. I wasn't completely trying to make it me specific, although I planned on using some of the advice gathered here.

Rereading the OP, It looks like I started the post with that intention and lost focus mid way through, .
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 PM  

erie, pa
cheesecake factory... get a salad, theyre as big as they come. and then get cheese cake since thats what youre there for anyhow. you wont look cheap by going w the salad, (regardless of size) since youll be saving room for dessert!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:33 AM  

Fat Heads - go to Fat Heads. Wonderful beer selection (if you can make up your mind) and even better food.

If you're willing to venture away from Pittsburgh, I would recommend Angelos in Washington, PA. Good Italian place that's about $15/dish.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:16 AM  

Gibsonia, PA
The bar at applebees during happy hour works great for us, and we usually get out of there for $25 total, for both of us. Thta's several beers and an appetizer or two. The best part is, it's a pretty consistent experience regardless of which location. Maybe not a great first date, but it works great for us as a weekly get-away.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads