Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2011, 07:44 AM  

SW PA
Cadyslim- I've been finding it near impossible to find acreage in central to western PA without gas leases. It's very disappointing. And once you read the leases, whether it's the older ones written back in the 80's/90's, or the new ones, you realize these folks sold their soul for next to nothing. It's sad. I wanted to find ground with no lease, and mineral/rights intact - not to lease them out, but to keep the ground from being pillaged. Years later, I've about given up. So much for stewardship for future generations by private parties.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:09 AM  

If you are looking to get out of Allegheny County but close to Pittsburgh the Norwin/North Huntington/Greensburg area seems to be a great place.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:46 PM  

Anything north of the city is where you want to be. Plenty of land and it's the only decent commute into the city. If your husband is stuck travelling from the south hills or anywhere near the parkway East, he will absolutely hate it. Check out areas like West Deer or Seven Fields...
Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I agree with the North sentiment, so far its really the one direction outside of the city where the closer suburbs have not turned to crap. You may have to go a little far out to get 1 acre. But the traffic from that distance driving into town from the North is much better than traffic in from equidistant locations south, east or west of the city.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:20 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG11 View Post
Is there an area with more synagogues than others outside of Pittsb?
Outside of the city I have no idea. But Squirrel Hill (inside Pittsburgh) has the largest Jewish population in Western Pennsylvania - Squirrel Hill (Pittsburgh) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though not being Jewish myself, I use the Jewish Community Center's fitness facility and it's awesome.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!