Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 04:01 PM  

National Aviary

Is the National Aviary still in the same place? I know they were going to move/upgrade it at some point.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:55 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not sure if it moved. I've never been, but would like to check it out. The wife is not a bird fan, but I think my kids would enjoy it.

Pittsburgh's National Aviary - Nation's Premier Bird Zoo

Old 11-22-2010, 08:42 PM  

pittsburgh, pa
Yes, still in the same spot on the north side of Pitsburgh across from Allegheny high school
Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
I was just there last year. Same as it always was. It's a pretty cool place but it always surprised me that it's the National aviary. It doesn't seem grand enough to be the flagship of aviarys.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:47 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Its still in the same place! They recently finished some renovations to the Penguin echibits and added a few large bird enclosures.

Great place!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:10 AM  

Gibsonia, PA
They do a free-flight demonstration that is really great and worth the effort to experience. Seating is limited, though, and it costs a bit extra.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:07 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Its at the same place it has ever been at - I hadn't heard about it moving in the near future though. Its a fun place to go, especially on days when its not crowded. I have friends who only go on the days when its free, and i think that's insane, it gets so crowded then. The Aviary is not the place to be when it gets too crowded.

the last that we went was right after they opened the new Penguins exhibit - pretty cool. Those Steller's Sea Eagles are pretty amazing as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads