Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2011, 10:07 AM  

Pens chances of doing anything in the playoffs

What does everyone think about the Pens chances of going anywhere in the playoffs? Without Sid? With him?

I personally can see them winning the first round series, especially if Fleury steps it up, without Sid. With him, and some other returning injured players, there is no reason why they cant take the cup this year (barring a Fleury flop).

Old 03-02-2011, 10:56 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
I have to agree with you. Been pleasantly surprised at how they've held it together while Sid has been out, especially without Malkin and the plethora of other injuries. At one point over 80% of our scoring was injured.

Defense has been stellar. Letang should win the Norris. He won't .. but he should

Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM  
Here We Go!

Pittsburgh, PA
I personally believe that this year they will make a push like always but I dont see it culminating in Stanley Cup. I think they physical toll it takes to be competitive year after year is beginning to wear on the Pens. I say the same thing about the Steelers too.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:10 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
About a month ago I would have said they don't have a shot at going far. They are playing very well with Crosby and Malkin (and Orpik, and everyone else who is/was out for some time during this season)

That being said, I can't see them getting beyond the Eastern finals, I hope I'm wrong though.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
so far things are looking alright ... defense and Fluery have been outstanding (game 2 aside)
Old 04-22-2011, 01:51 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Much better than I expected... Jame Neal finally connecting on a goal was a relief!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.