Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 PM  

Denver, CO
Suggestions for this weekend

Hi-
The wife and I are visiting Pittsburgh this weekend, trying to decide if we should move there. I really want to be convinced. :-)
We are there Friday-Sunday. What places should we go to get a good feel for the city?
Any good places to see the skyline? Best museums?
We are aware that March isn't the prettiest month in Pittsburgh(or really anywhere in this hemisphere)- any suggestions on nature places that still would be pretty?
Any suggestions of things to do/see?
Thanks!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Carnegie Museum of Natural History

Carnegie Science Center
Carnegie Science Center

You can head over to Station Square. While the shopping area isn't all that, the inclines are over there as is the Gateway Clipper Fleet. You can do a quick paddleboat cruise around the city.

Welcome to Station Square

the first time I took my wife to town, I made sure to take her to the Strip District for the area and particularly a Primanti Brothers sammich

If you like beer, there is always the Penn Brewery

The PENN BREWERY - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Est. 1986

As far as skyline, go up on the incline to Mount Washington and check out the view from the platforms. very nice

have fun. I so love and so miss Pittsburgh

Old 03-23-2011, 02:17 PM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Oh yeah, it's been years, but this place still gets good reviews from friends

Church Brew Works, Award-Winning Microbrewery and Restaurant
Old 03-23-2011, 03:37 PM  

Denver, CO
Thanks, mbj, for those suggestions. The incline up Mt Washington especially looks like a good idea. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparge View Post
Thanks, mbj, for those suggestions. The incline up Mt Washington especially looks like a good idea. Thanks!
I would suggest the Duquesne Incline rather than the Monongahela one - the views are better from the Duquesne Incline and there's a museum there as well.

They are both on the same street - Grandview Ave (there are free observation decks along this street as well) but about a mile apart.

East End Brewing in Homewood is another local brewery (alas no brewpub though) they are open for "growler hours" - free samples and a brief tour - on Saturdays from 12 - 5.

Frick Park (near the eastern borders of the city with the suburbs) has a nice flat trail at the bottom of it. Schenley Park is nice as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.