Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 AM  

Albuquerque, NM
For a drink

Where does everyone go for a drink around here? I like this quiet little place whenever I go back to Portland called the Sellwood Public House. So tell me, who has the best stouts in town?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:42 PM  
Dweller

Oregon City, Oregon
Not to be cliche but I like to grab a nice hammerhead from McMenamins.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:40 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
lol nothng cliche about that my friend
Old 11-02-2010, 03:02 PM  
Bear Down

Eugene, Oregon
Gotta go check out HUB...Hopworks Urban Brewery in the Southeast(?). Have to do it now, or very soon, best winter ale I have had in a long time...rivals the best batch of Jubelale (whichever year that was). Called the Abominable Winter Ale. It's even organic for those concerned about such things.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:42 PM  
Drink Craft Beer!

Portland, Oregon
Some good potential drink spots from a recent article:

Brewer's Dozen: Exciting new establishments prove Portland has not yet reached its saturation point | OregonLive.com
Old 11-15-2010, 10:34 PM  

Ithaca, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
Not to be cliche but I like to grab a nice hammerhead from McMenamins.
I second that for sure --- or check out one of the Rogue resturants/pubs
Old 11-16-2010, 12:41 AM  

Chesapeake, Virginia
The Backstage (behind the Baghdad): badass bar that's built into what used to be the "backstage" of the theater that is now the Baghdad. Nice main bar, but if you walk up the metal staircase, they've converted all the old dressing and prop rooms into semi-private little rooms with pool tables. Very nice place to chill out and watch the World Series (on their 20ft projection screen) after fighting through a wave of zombies (it was Halloween, they were in line for some horror flick at the theater).
Old 11-16-2010, 02:59 PM  

Keizer, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
great article...and avatar
Old 11-16-2010, 03:05 PM  

Portland, OR
Portland is a beer town, taking pride in the 30+ local breweries & brewpubs. They don't call it Beervana for nothing! If you're into big, strong, in-your-face beers, see Alan Sprint at Hair of the Dog Brewing at 61 SE Yamhill St. Prefer your brews Belgian-style, sour and cask-conditioned, check out Cascade Brewing's new Barrel House at 939 SE Belmont Street. Harder to find a good artisan pilsner, but they're out there in ones and twos. Or wallow in excellent lagers with a short hop south to McMinnville to visit Heater-Allen Brewing (907 NE 10th Ave., McMinnville, OR). It's all good!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:11 PM  

Portland, OR
What about stout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengu View Post
Where does everyone go for a drink around here? I like this quiet little place whenever I go back to Portland called the Sellwood Public House. So tell me, who has the best stouts in town?
The question was originally about the best Portland stouts, and there are some good ones out there... Laurelwood's Space Stout is one of my favorites. You may find someone offering the excellent stouts brewed on the Oregon Coast too. Pelican Pub's Tsunami Stout and Ft. George Brewing's Cavatica Stout are worth seeking out. And Rogue's Shakespeare Stout, available at their Pearl District tasting room, is considered by some to be the best in the world. Do a taste test on the above, and you'll find some keepers to add to your list.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!