Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 06:27 PM  

Portland, OR, OR
Favorite HomeBrew shop in Portland Metro Area?

What's your favorite homebrew shop around Portland?

Mine's gotta be Brew Brother's in Hillsboro, Brew Brothers Homebrew Products - Great prices on home beer brewing supplies & equipment. Serving Portland, Beaverton, Aloha, Tigard, Hillsboro, Forest Grove, Vancouver, Gresham, Troutdale, St Helens, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, California, U

Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 PM  

Portland, Oregon
I like Steinbart's in SE

Old 11-22-2010, 08:18 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwes View Post
I like Steinbart's in SE
Unfortunately, Steinbarts has awful hours.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:57 PM  

Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwes View Post
I like Steinbart's in SE

+1 Steinbarts is the one I go to.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:16 PM  

Portland, Oregon
Homebrew shop

Recently checked out Homebrew Exchange in NOPO. They have some good quality ingredients and I plan to try a few more batches there. Started brewing by getting supplies at "Above the Rest Homebrewing" when I lived in SW. THe owners are nice and helpful, and I thought the prices were competitive with anywhere.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 PM  

Boring (near Portland), Oregon
Steinbart's is great, but ditto on the awful hours.

We've gone to Let's Brew on the eastside when we need something and steinbart's is closed.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:18 PM  

Vancouver, Washington
I go to Baders in Vancouver, about 3 minutes from the Interstate bridge. Open 7 days a week
Old 12-02-2010, 01:28 AM  

Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryano View Post
I go to Baders in Vancouver, about 3 minutes from the Interstate bridge. Open 7 days a week
I use to go to Baders. Then bought a case of beer bottles from them that were bad. The cap would not go on flush on some of the bottles. Told them about it and even went in to show them, they agreed they were bad. They said and figured out the second batch of bottles from china they got were a bad batch. They gave me a new case, and all was good.

Then months later I recommend my GF's mother to them for a x-mas gift to her son, and they sold him the same bottles He had the same problem I had with them. The messed up thing too is that we went in to pick up brew kit, and I asked if they replaced those bad bottles.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:43 PM  

Aloha, Oregon
Main Street Homebrew Supply
Welcome to mainbrew.com
Its hard to get to, but they are opening a new location off highway 26 at the Helvetia exit.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:02 AM  

Portland, Oregon
I go to Steinbarts if they are open, Let's Brew if they aren't or if I just need one thing.

I have been to Bridgeview in the O.C. on a Sunday morning because my dogs ate an ounce of chocolate malt, or rather scattered an ounce of chocolate malt.

I went to Bader once, weird that they don't let you do anything yourself, I guess I like that about Steinbarts.

I have wanted to check out the place in Kenton for their cheese-making supplies but they have been closed every time I tried.

I bought some cornies from Brew Brothers and they delivered to SE Portland, very helpful, great experience.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads