Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2010, 09:35 AM  

Boise, Idaho
International Rose Test Gardens

Has anyone else been? It's spectacular. So many variations of roses you can't count them all. Go in June for the best experience.
International Rose Test Gardens-rose-gardens.jpg 

International Rose Test Gardens-rose-gardens-2.jpg 

International Rose Test Gardens-rose-gardens-3.jpeg 

Old 11-14-2010, 12:50 AM  

Portland, Oregon
Yes, oh yes. The Rose Gardens will play a large part in my coming Alzheimers. Until I was married virtually every date included Washington Park and the Rose Gardens. I woke up there several times....

If you missed the train ride to the zoo, or the formal Japanese Garden that is just uphill from the tennis courts, then you have seen less than half and have every reason to go back.

For those who have not been, the Rose Gardens is in Washington Park and overlooks downtown Portland. It also has an outdoor theater for concerts and plays during the summer.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:58 AM  

Sammamish, WA
We went in late June and it was indeed spectacular, though it was after the peak. We're going again next year but earlier.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:51 PM  

Portland, Oregon
It's fantastic! I saw some Taiko drummers this past summer! They were great! I like your last shot cause it's FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:27 PM  

Portland, OR
I ride my bike through there every day on my commute home, and used to run up and through them from downtown. They are pretty spectacular.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:13 PM  
Beard Master

Vancouver, Washington
Beautiful place. Wonderful for a photographer like me. Haven't been recently though Last time I went it was later summer and everything was wilted
Old 12-27-2010, 02:05 PM  

Portland, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpersitz View Post
Beautiful place. Wonderful for a photographer like me. Haven't been recently though Last time I went it was later summer and everything was wilted
That's a bummer. The garden is normally gorgeous. I've never been disappointed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!