Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2010, 10:28 AM  
Drink Craft Beer!

Portland, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafields View Post
Yes, IslandTJ, that's why I'm specifically asking about underserved neighborhoods.
Ahhh, then I will toss in Tualatin.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:38 PM  

brooklyn
about to go there myself to check out some breweries in February and im also from brooklyn! any recommendations on breweries and brewbups? any great neighborhoods?

Old 12-20-2010, 04:43 PM  

Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
Per capita, don't we have the most?
We lost that title to Asheville, NC sometime in the last couple of years. And since their population is so small, we'd need something like 20 more breweries to reclaim it. However, at this point I think we could make a run for most breweries, period.

Best numbers I can dig up right now are 10 breweries to 125,000 people in Asheville and 28 breweries to 582,130 people in Portland. Unfortunately, all these numbers are moving targets.

from Breweries in Portland, Oregon - Travel - New York Times
Portland has more breweries - 28 - than any other city in the nation if not the world, and it has arguably become one of the best destinations anywhere for beer-tasting.
However, to get to the OP's question, I think the chain breweries have been laying out map of the city with breweries to make sure that there are few under-served neighborhoods. Certainly none come to my mind; the McMenamin's, New Old Lompocs and Lucky Labs are everywhere.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:25 PM  

Gladstone, Oregon
Gladstone!! It is a gateway to Oregon City, West Linn, Milwaukie, Clackamas, and the most important place, my house
Old 12-28-2010, 01:18 PM  

Portland, OR
Milwaukie comes to mind as a place that has no brewpub. I live in Multnomah Village and while we do have Lucky Lab, I think a niche place could work. The city as a whole is lacking European beers - lagers/pilseners specifically. it really is an ale town but with the right place.....
Old 12-28-2010, 04:46 PM  

Portland, Oregon
SW is lacking a bit compared to SE/NE, so as one approaches the Tigard/Tualatin areas, or heck Beaverton..
Old 12-28-2010, 06:23 PM  

Hillsboro, OR
Ambacht Brewing is right by the Airport and soon will be available at Earth Oven Pizza right on Main!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:12 PM  
The voice of reason

Portland, Oregon
I was just thinking... where in Portland DON'T we have a microbrewery???
Old 01-23-2011, 11:15 PM  
The voice of reason

Portland, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandTJ View Post
Ahhh, then I will toss in Tualatin.
Hahahaha... Tualatin.

Sorry, I used to live there and you're right. It does need something besides the Outback Steakhouse.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!