Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 12:53 PM  

Portland, OREGON!
Portland Rocks!

Good beer
Good food
Good weather

Old 11-19-2010, 04:25 PM  

Yeah buddy!

Old 11-21-2010, 12:01 AM  

Covington, Virginia
I'll be in Portland for three nights early in December. Work during the day, but free to roam evenings and nights. Can anyone recommend a good brew pub? Also, there are no local homebrew shops where I live in rural VA. Do any of you recommend a Portland homebrew shop I should look up?

Thanks, Bob
Old 11-22-2010, 04:22 PM  

Wilmington, Delaware
I spent last summer out there, and I have to say my short (2 months) was enough to make me want to move out to Oregon from Delaware.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:48 PM  

Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBrewer View Post
I'll be in Portland for three nights early in December. Work during the day, but free to roam evenings and nights. Can anyone recommend a good brew pub? Also, there are no local homebrew shops where I live in rural VA. Do any of you recommend a Portland homebrew shop I should look up?

Thanks, Bob
Widmer Brothers
Rogue
The Green Dragon (lots on tap)
Deschutes Brewery (have not been here but its on my list)

F.H. Steinbart is the local homebrew store, great place and near the green dragon. F.H. Steinbart Co. Beer and Wine Making Supplies
Old 11-22-2010, 07:05 PM  

Portland, Oregon
as for breweries, Laurelwood, Deschutes, Rogue, Widmer, tones of others as well, those are just the best in my opinion.

I Also say check out Steinbart's. It is possibly the best home brew store i have ever been to, definitely the best in Portland.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:02 PM  

Covington, Virginia
Quote:
Widmer Brothers
Rogue
The Green Dragon (lots on tap)
Deschutes Brewery (have not been here but its on my list)

F.H. Steinbart is the local homebrew store, great place and near the green dragon. F.H. Steinbart Co. Beer and Wine Making Supplies
and

Quote:
as for breweries, Laurelwood, Deschutes, Rogue, Widmer, tones of others as well, those are just the best in my opinion.

I Also say check out Steinbart's. It is possibly the best home brew store i have ever been to, definitely the best in Portland.
Thank you abbot555 and stockwes. I have never been to a quality homebrew store, so I'm really looking forward to visiting F.H. Steinbart. It is gonna be difficult to narrow down the other options to fit my limited time. The guys I'll be traveling with could care less about visiting a brewery, but like beer. So, sounds like I'll steer them towards the Green Dragon one evening. I'll probably have to break out on my own to see the other cool stuff. I like what I see on the Deschutes site. I can't wait.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 AM  

Sandy, Oregon
Moved here from Michigan 30 years ago, never looked back.
Downtown is alive and growing, unlike many other cities across the country.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:11 PM  

Bend, Oregon
Portland I such a versatile city, wish I could find a job there so I could move
Old 12-04-2010, 03:04 PM  

Portland, OR
Been here since 96 from the South. Can't imagine being anywhere else.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.