Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 PM  

Teeth need cleaning

Would like to see some reviews of dentists in Portland/Beaverton. Prices, quality of service, etc. None of those factory type operations please - prefer the small offices.

I know it is a boring subject, but lessening the pain in the mouth and wallet is pretty important.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 PM  
Traveler

Have you looked at http://www.angieslist.com/ ?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM  

I was facing this same issue about a month ago and decided to go with Green Apple on 82nd in Portland. They have a second office on the west side, but each office is independently owned so I can't comment on that location. My experience at the 82nd location was the best I've ever had at the dentist. You can check out their website at greenappledental.com.

The office looked new and felt comfortable. It was full of Ikea furniture and art, but it didn't feel cheap. Everyone there was really friendly and made me feel welcome and relaxed from the beginning.

As far as pricing goes, I know that they have a program for people without dental insurance to make it affordable. Since I had insurance, I didn't pay anything out of pocket. They even did a complimentary hand wax/peel thing that I'd never done before. I was laughing through the whole thing because it seemed like such a random thing to do at a dentist office, but I loved it.

I had x-rays taken and Dr. Cole did my cleaning and my exam. She was super cool and gave me tips on how to improve my brushing technique to catch some problem spots she noticed during the cleaning. She also went over my x-rays with me and thoroughly explained everything she noticed. I left the place feeling really informed and happy that I had found such a great dentist.

I hope you can make it out there to give them a try. I'm sure the west side location wouldn't be a bad choice, either. Good luck!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.