Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2010, 09:47 AM  

Anderson, Indiana
Visiting Portland

Ill be visiting the Portland for work at the end of January and I should (hopefully) have some down time. where should i spend my free time?

Old 12-27-2010, 10:20 AM  

Sammamish, WA
Powell Books and Voodoo Donuts. Wrong time of year for some of the more outdoor attractions, but you could, if you have a car, take the Columbia River Gorge tour of waterfalls, they will all be in full splendor. Multnomah Falls, over 600' high is about a half-hour away on I84.

Oh, and Portland has the highest number of strip clubs per capita in the U.S.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:08 PM  

Gladstone, Oregon
Lot's of places along the waterfront to visit, food, drink, or otherwise. Oregon Museum Of Science and Idustry (OMSI) or the Zoo if you like that sort of stuff! There is the usual downtown stuff like clubs and restaraunts. Of course Portland is known for microbreweries so if inclined, tour Widmer, Lucky Labrador, any of the McMenamins, Deschutes, etc...!

There are some nice hiking areas in and around Portland so get a good rain coat and some hiking shoes and you can enjoy the Northwest at it's best, cold and wet!

A trip up to Mt Hood (Timberline Lodge) or one of the many ski areas can be fun or definitely a drive to the coast! Astoria or Seaside or both can be a fun day and winter time at the coast is cold and windy but very beautiful!

I wish I had a more specific list of some places but I hope I have given you some ideas!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 PM  

Portland, Oregon
Visiting Portland

You didn't say what part of the city you are staying in. Most of Portland is accessible by public transportation, but if you want to leave the city you'll need a car. Tell us what you like to do and it will be easier to make suggestions
Old 01-05-2011, 06:50 PM  

Vancouver, Wa
If the weather is nice the Portland City Grill has a great view. On top of the US Bank corp. You'll see the rivers, city, mountains and hills. Awesome.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:06 AM  

NW 23rd in downtown Portland has a lot of shopping and is nice to walk around on a nice day. I would go out the Gorge to Multnomah Falls. There are lots of great hiking trails out there. Don't forget the views at Crown Point.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!