CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   Indianapolis (http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/indianapolis/)
-   -   What to do in Indy? (http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/indianapolis/what-do-indy-2616/)

integrator 12-21-2010 04:43 PM

Beer:
Broad Ripple Brewpub
Sun King
Brugge Brasserie
Oaken Barrel
Upland Tasting Room
Barley Island

Chains:
Rock Bottom
Alcatraz
The Ram

Rathskeller is a great place (Sun King makes their Amber)

topcon74 12-22-2010 12:37 PM

A trip to the top of the soldiers and sailors monument is always a unique thing to do. Its the monument at the center of the circle downtown. I've been here a while and didn't know until recently that you could go to the top.

topcon74 12-22-2010 12:38 PM

Another interesting and kind of unknown place is the war museum on the war memorial park just north of down town, it has an amazing room in the center of it. Its a breathtaking spot that few people have heard about.

bparks85 12-27-2010 09:49 AM

if you have kids (or just want to have a little fun) go to the children's museum in indianapolis

C140 12-28-2010 03:20 PM

How is the speedway museum?

adpritz 12-28-2010 05:20 PM

Indy Restaurants

Kona Jacks - great seafood and sushi
Mama Carollas - great Italian (not a chain and in an old house near broadripple)
Oakley's Bistro - great fancy food that is very unique

kitz 12-28-2010 07:16 PM

Several notable museums downtown attract both tourists and locals! The Indiana State Museum on W. Washington Street has great visiting exhibits as well as interesting regular sections. From "the Titanic" to "Star Wars" and local Indiana History this is a great place for a family, for a date, or just to satisfy curiosity.

hamper 02-01-2011 01:07 PM

the speedrome, lots of figure 8 fun...

Beach31684 02-03-2011 10:19 AM

Mud-a-thon

I just found out about an event called The Mudathon. It is supposed to be in Indy, I think in June this year. It sounds pretty fun. It is basically a 5K run competely in the mud, with an obstacle course.
I guess the way it works is, at the end, you are suppose to donate your shoes to the group that runs the event, and they clean the shoes, and give them to the less fortunate.

And of course there is beer afterwards!!!!:banana:

apocalypse 02-18-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach31684 (Post 78854)
I just found out about an event called The Mudathon. It is supposed to be in Indy, I think in June this year. It sounds pretty fun. It is basically a 5K run competely in the mud, with an obstacle course.
I guess the way it works is, at the end, you are suppose to donate your shoes to the group that runs the event, and they clean the shoes, and give them to the less fortunate.

And of course there is beer afterwards!!!!:banana:

I did the Warrior Dash last year in Illinois, sounds like the same thing and it was a blast!