CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   New Mexico (http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/new-mexico/)
-   -   Ski Season Snow (http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/new-mexico/ski-season-snow-4266/)

Ateam 11-01-2010 08:09 PM

Ski Season Snow

Anyone want to predict the snow season or snow fall we can expect this year? Our whole family are professional ski instructors and live for snow sports. My gut feeling is this year will be less than last year, I hope not.

Anyone needing private ski or snow board lessons, let me know and I can hook you up.

ateam

steinsato 11-16-2010 02:50 PM

Ski season is not looking good at all so far. I doubt I'll ever see it as good as it was last year.

wolfsdenbrew 11-22-2010 10:36 AM

Yeah, I have heard the weather patterns causes by La Nina or El Nino, whichever we are in right now, will cause less moisture for us this winter...so not good for the ski season and not good for next spring and summer.

On a side note, I have a 6 year old son that want to learn to snowboard, most ski areas want the kids to be 8 to learn snowboarding...what do you charge for snowboarding lessons. I might actually be interested in learning right with my son, I have skied for years and never tried snowboarding.

Cheers, Rob

gokorn1 11-22-2010 07:36 PM

5 years ago was awesome, can only wish it could be the same this year

kdjose 12-08-2010 10:50 AM

Que Viva La Nina! I love to ski, but don't mind the mountain biking year round either! Trails in Santa Fe are clear and dry.

Livendadream 12-13-2010 11:45 AM

I just hung my holiday lights last weekend. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I don't remember ever doing that in the first week of December. I live in the east mountains at 6800 feet elevation, usually there is snow on the ground by now. So my prediction for snowfall this year is it will be minimal. I hope I am wrong. Can we all PRAY FOR SNOW!!!!. Oh, if you would like to join me and my kids we will be having our annual "Snow Dance" to the "Snow Gods" this weekend. That always works!!!!!!!! J:bowdown:

Ateam 12-14-2010 09:05 AM

Livinadream, you live on a post card eh? I live in Sandia Park, we are neighbors.

Snow fall so far is not looking good. I hope I'm wrong, we need moisture. Good luck with the snow dance.

dogunter 12-16-2010 12:59 PM

Seeing as how today is the first significant snow northern NM has seen this season, it is looking bleak. It's predicted to be a warm, dry season.

mark70669 12-16-2010 02:42 PM

We are getting some today. Yeah! I work in Santa Fe and there is about 2 inches at my office.

Ateam 04-19-2012 12:50 AM

Turned out to be a good ski season this year. At Christmas time, Sandia Peak was ranked #5 in the world with the best snow in the world. We closed after spring break with snow on the slopes.