CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   Maine (http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/maine/)
-   -   celebrities in maine (http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/maine/celebrities-maine-7124/)

nik 12-28-2010 08:22 PM

celebrities in maine

what celebs. like to visit maine... i know of a few, jeff gordon has a camp in greenville, stephen king resides in bangor, and the guy who invented the shot gun grew up in sangerville...who else lives in maine or likes to visit who are celebs.

dougm 12-28-2010 08:29 PM

I was painting a house in Portland's West End about 15 years ago when Bruce Hornsby went jogging by.

Bruce Springsteen has done some recording at Gateway Studio, and I saw Natalie Merchant and her friend walking up Congress Street one night, my friend and I were able to talk them into going to The Skinny with us, that was pretty cool.

WickedGoodOutdoors 12-29-2010 10:24 AM

the guy who invented the shot gun?

Firearms were recognized as hunting arms as early as 1515, and a book (Balleates Mosetuetas y Areabuces Pablo del Fucar, Naples, 1535) on sporting firearms appeared in 1535

Shotguns were around long before Maine was

dougm 12-29-2010 12:17 PM

I think they're referring to Hiram Stevens Maxim, the inventor of the first portable, fully automatic machine gun, who was born in Sangerville in 1840.
There is still a gun show in Dover-Foxcroft every summer that is named in his honor.

PV4Doc 01-01-2011 04:47 PM

Tony Little (The Gazelle/exercise guru) had property here in Penobscot County

Mel Gibson sails his boat into Bar Harbor ever summer

Ricky Craven is from Newburgh

Bill Swift is from South Portland ... played with the Seattle Mariners, the San Francisco Giants and the Colorado Rockies.

Judd Nelson is from Portland ... "St. Elmo's Fire", "The Breakfast Club"

Patrick Dempsey born in Lewiston ... TV series "Grey's Anatomy"

Anna Belknap Damariscotta, Maine ... TV series "CSI: NY"

Don McLean ... sang several hits including American Pie, now resides in Maine

Kirstie Alley has a home in Islesboro, an island in Maine’s Penobscot Bay

Martha Stewart owns a home in Maine

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was born in Portland

Ian Crocker born in Portland, Maine ... five Olympic medal-winning swimmer

Kevin Eastman born in Springvale, Maine ... a comic book artist, best known for creating the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

CheapJ 01-02-2011 10:12 AM

IIRC, Kirstie Alley sold her house in Islesboro to another actor who's name I can't remember.

John Travolta has a huge house there with his wife, I can't think of her name right now.

The girl that used to judge American Idol (not Paula or Ellen) lives here somewhere with her husband.

Mike Bordick, former MLB player was from Maine.

rykerjenbob 01-17-2011 06:15 AM

I saw stephen king in the bangor mall. He was looking at his book display. Pretty tall dude, at least compared to me.

NVRLEVN 01-20-2011 02:57 PM

Patrick Dempsey also has a house for him, and his mother next door, in Harpswell, Maine.

Bryan04001 01-21-2011 08:01 AM

In the Twilight saga, Bella's friend at school. I can't remember her name, but I believe she lived in Augusta.

gonejeepin04220 01-29-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik (Post 63105)
what celebs. like to visit maine... i know of a few, jeff gordon has a camp in greenville, stephen king resides in bangor, and the guy who invented the shot gun grew up in sangerville...who else lives in maine or likes to visit who are celebs.

steven king also has a camp on kezar lake in bridgton. veeery nice place. i know this because i am working on the house next door!