Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 05:56 AM  

Downtown Durham, NC
That's not my position at all. But assume away.

Schools are important for commerce. Without a well educated populace, we will have chaos. Hence, I gladly pay for public schools (and volunteer in them) despite the fact that I do not have children of my own.

Your ability to commute from FV to the Park is not important. You don't have to live in FV. There are many places to live near RTP, so live near RTP if that is where you want to work.

Sure, the land was cheaper when you moved out there, but you're going to have to pay for it in other costs. It is simple economics, and there are models taught to every city planner that explain this phenomenon.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:42 AM  

Durham, NC
tolls are not so bad.

Would rather have the people using the road pay for it than me and my tax dollars paying for it if I never plan on using it.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:33 AM  

Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsconver View Post
tolls are not so bad.

Would rather have the people using the road pay for it than me and my tax dollars paying for it if I never plan on using it.
Shawn I agree with you on that but I have seen where the toll Bridges and road will take over forcing you to pay or drive on a side street. Then they wil start raising the toll and you are then Screwed. I think that this will open the Door for more toll roads.

When I lived In California we were surounded by Toll Bridges and you were forced to pay or drive 100 miles out of you way if you wanted to avoid them.

Carl
Old 12-20-2010, 06:27 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Growing up in the Northeast, I have an aversion to toll roads. All I see are long lines and waits at many toll booths and ever increasing tolls. Yes, the EZ-pass and other like devices can help, but not every driver has that capability. I tend to avoid toll roads when possible when I travel.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:47 PM  

Raleigh, NC
I think tolls would really prevent me from using that route regularly...so I'm against.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:14 PM  

Raleigh, NC
absolutely against them . . . our tax dollars are supposed to fill that purpose
Old 12-28-2010, 10:44 AM  

Raleigh, NC
I wouldn't use the road that often (based on where I live), but if it got me to where I was going that much faster, I would be happy to pay a little bit. I might have a different opinion if I lived over there. You can still use the same roads you are using now so why be against it?

Kyle
Old 12-28-2010, 06:09 PM  

Durham, North Carolina
lets not give another reason to freak out NC drivers, NO TOLLS
Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 PM  

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Against the tolls
Old 01-02-2011, 09:49 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Why should any one have to pay a toll to use a road that their taxes paid to build? That is just an absurd idea.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!