Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2011, 06:14 PM  

Old thread, but I'd be up for some wheeling around here. Thinking of running gulches in Feb.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:19 AM  

Raleigh, NC
Well, if you ever make to raleigh, we have one... Vertical Excursions Jeep Club

Old 01-26-2011, 11:51 AM  

Raleigh, NC
Sounds good. I'm in Fuquay as well. I'll have to check it out.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:44 PM  

Clayton, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwagner View Post
So why Jeeps only might I ask? Don't want to associate with Toyota FJ40's or Range Rovers?
Because then we would have to let hummers in and if that happens half the day will be spent pulling them out of little mud puddles.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:48 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2373 View Post
Only Jeeps?? I have a 4Runner, had to sell the Jeep to buy a minivan. Sad, sad day it was.
I can relate to this I'm sorry. I'm back in Jeeps now though. I had an '01 TJ and sold it for a '92 XJ. I love the XJ, but I need more room. Right now I wheel locally here in Hope Mills with two kids and 3 dogs, but if I want to run up to URE or somewhere further away I'd like to take the wife. How do I haul the 4 of us, 3 dogs, AND gear? The wife has no interest in getting her own rig, so I'm at a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedbergen View Post
Old thread, but I'd be up for some wheeling around here. Thinking of running gulches in Feb.
I was just reading about the Gulches. It seems a bit pricey. Looks like fun though. What are our other options aside from URE and the Gulches though?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:51 AM  

oh, and the guys I ride with don't care what kind of rig you have. All are welcome. Can't say there won't be extra fees for pulling out hummers though

for any military guys make sure you check out militaryjeepers.com It's not a "club", but it is a place to link up with others in your area.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:07 AM  

Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
I can relate to this I'm sorry. I'm back in Jeeps now though. I had an '01 TJ and sold it for a '92 XJ. I love the XJ, but I need more room. Right now I wheel locally here in Hope Mills with two kids and 3 dogs, but if I want to run up to URE or somewhere further away I'd like to take the wife. How do I haul the 4 of us, 3 dogs, AND gear? The wife has no interest in getting her own rig, so I'm at a loss.

I was just reading about the Gulches. It seems a bit pricey. Looks like fun though. What are our other options aside from URE and the Gulches though?
you can get a Full Size Jeep they are Just as capable as any Baby Jeep
Cherokee Chief
Grand wagoneer
J-truck

International Full Size Jeep Association
www.cfsjc.com
Old 02-02-2011, 05:59 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
you can get a Full Size Jeep they are Just as capable as any Baby Jeep
Cherokee Chief
Grand wagoneer
J-truck

International Full Size Jeep Association
www.cfsjc.com
Oh, I know. i saw a Cherokee Chief rolling on military Hummer wheels. It looked cool as ***** but I already have too much dumped into the HEEP to go in another direction right now. I would like to keep the HEEP and pick up another rig too. I just have to convert the wife. Any tips on doing this?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:53 AM  

Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
I just have to convert the wife. Any tips on doing this?
get her her own rig
Old 02-03-2011, 06:10 PM  

Zebulon, NC
hell my wife guy has 2 rigs. im just the poor guy that keeps em running

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads