Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2010, 09:10 PM  

Cary, NC
Breweries and Brew Pubs

Where are the best places to whet the whistle in the area? Looking for good beers first and foremost, and then a good kitchen second (but not a necessity) ...

Old 11-16-2010, 06:25 AM  

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Definitely check out Fullsteam in Durham. I don't think that they have food yet, but they have really good and interesting beers at their brewery.

As far as food and beer? Flying saucer hands down in downtown Raleigh. 81 beers on tap and a legit food selection as well!

Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 AM  

Morrisville, NC
+1 for Fullsteam. As far as food goes, they do get a lot of mobile food vendors over there. Joey D's NY Dogs for one. The OnlyBurger truck shoes up frequently as well and is very good.

Roth is another newer brewery off 70 near Umstead Park. The beers are good and the guys are really cool. They'll hang out and bullsh*t with you for hours, give you the tour, etc. Definitely one of my new favorite hangouts!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:03 PM  

Chapel Hill, NC
Milltown in carborro - especially if you are into Belgians

Tylers taproom in carborro, apex, and durham - I go to the one in carborro a lot but the one in apex usually has more beers.

The Federal in durham
Old 11-16-2010, 06:19 PM  

Holly Springs, NC
Boylan Bridge and Big Boss in Raleigh. Aviator in Fuquay or Tylers in Apex or Durham.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:34 PM  

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeordye11 View Post
+1 for Fullsteam. As far as food goes, they do get a lot of mobile food vendors over there. Joey D's NY Dogs for one. The OnlyBurger truck shoes up frequently as well and is very good.

Roth is another newer brewery off 70 near Umstead Park. The beers are good and the guys are really cool. They'll hang out and bullsh*t with you for hours, give you the tour, etc. Definitely one of my new favorite hangouts!

I might go hit up Roth one of these days. I had never heard of it before now; do they distribute any of their beers outside of bars? Which of the beers did you like? Cinnamon porter sounds good.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM  

Raleigh, NC
Carolina Brewing Co in Holly Springs has a GREAT tour. Every Saturday at 1pm sharp (get there early). Free too.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:01 PM  

Durham, NC
There's some new breweries that are going to be coming online soon too.

Mystery Brewing
Mystery Brewing Company, LLC

Bull City Burger & Brewery
http://www.bullcityburgerandbrewery.com/

Durham's a great place to be for beer!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 AM  

Chapel Hill, NC
Brewery and Brewpub - local beer

First, a distinction. I assume the topic is for an establishment that brews it's own beer and serves food prepared in the same establishment.

In that case:
Pittsboro, Carolina Brewery - for great local beer and good food - Flagship IPA and seasonal Oktoberfest are my picks.

Chapel Hill, Top of the Hill - good local brew and decent menu - great location on Franklin St.

Can't really tell you about Raleigh, Apex, or Durham.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:38 AM  

+1 for Aviator Brewery in Fuquay. Great tour, very open with questions for homebrewers as well. Make sure you visit the taphouse in downtown Fuquay.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads