Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 10:55 AM  
ishkochito

Pittsboro, NC, North Carolina
If you go to Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro also check out the City Tap- a very nice pub with a good selection of beers on tap, good sandwiches.

If you get to Tyler's in Carrboro definitely check out the Speak Easy (the bar in the back) and of course Milltown. Also get to the bottle shop next door or TJs for crazy good beer selections to take home.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:12 AM  

Sanford, NC
I'll second Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro. Not bad at all.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:58 AM  

Raleigh, NC
Cherry Bomb just opened downtown and should have pretty good beer selection. The guy who owns american brewmasters opened it.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:13 AM  

Raleigh, North Carolina
If your looking for a good time and good beer, definitely check out Roth Brewing in NW Raleigh, it's a little tricky to find the first time (it's just past and behind where you would expect it to be based on the address) but it's worth it. Sweet setup and the beer is tasty, regretfully there is no food though. Stout release party tomorrow (Sat), there's supposed to be food trucks for that, I'm definitely going out to that at least for a quick minute.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:38 PM  

Cary, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPants View Post
If your looking for a good time and good beer, definitely check out Roth Brewing in NW Raleigh, it's a little tricky to find the first time (it's just past and behind where you would expect it to be based on the address) but it's worth it. Sweet setup and the beer is tasty, regretfully there is no food though. Stout release party tomorrow (Sat), there's supposed to be food trucks for that, I'm definitely going out to that at least for a quick minute.
Was there on Friday and agree that they've got a good set of beers ... Got a sampling of their new Stout ... ... Enjoying a growler of their FOE now ... Great place ... And found a DYI woodshop across the parking lot!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 PM  

Big Boss and Lonerider in Raleigh are both fantastic. Fullsteam in Durham is always great. Also, not a brew pub, but The Pit in Raleigh always has a great local beer selection.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:22 PM  

Raleigh, NC
+1 for the Aviator for brews. Macs Tavern in Cary is a pleasant place as well.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 PM  

Downtown Durham, NC
We don't really have brewpubs in Durham, yet.

But as someone did mention, Bull City Burger & Brewery is opening up in a few months. It's owned by one of the (former) partners of Wine Authority.

Fullsteam is working on a kitchen, but word on the street is that they won't have it ready until at least March.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:16 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Big Boss is a great place to enjoy some pints, no food, but ping pong. Hopefully they'll be releasing the Big Operator again soon. Dark Belgian ale with raspberries, my favorite of their beer. Also, I believe there are food trucks there often, and that they will allow you to get takeout food delivered there.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 PM  

Washington, DC
I've always loved the Carolina Brewery on Franklin St in Chapel Hill. Top of the Hill is also a great restaurant but there seems to be more emphasis on food than drink.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.