Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2010, 09:24 PM  

Cary, NC
Fire Wood

Any good source of fire wood? Need some for the chimnia ... don't need a full cord, maybe a rick or two ... Just don't want to pay out the nose at the gas station/grocery store ...

Old 11-19-2010, 12:08 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Craigslist has a ton of people but I would also like to know if anyone has and good experience with someone in particular.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:23 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail-Away View Post
Any good source of fire wood? Need some for the chimnia ... don't need a full cord, maybe a rick or two ... Just don't want to pay out the nose at the gas station/grocery store ...
I can help if you pm me. I'm in Raleigh and have spare
Old 11-22-2010, 04:19 PM  

Downtown Durham, NC
I always make sure to get some firewood off of Craigslist in August/September. That way, the prices don't go up too high, and you have time to cure it. No matter what assurances are made as to the wood being cured, you can almost guarantee that anything off of Craigslist is going to come green.

Try calling different tree services/arborists. That is the source of most firewood, as far as I know. They are probably down to only green wood by the point, though.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:11 PM  

Wake Forest
how long does it take to cure i thought like a year
Old 11-23-2010, 05:05 AM  

Downtown Durham, NC
It is supposed to take a year if you do it right, but if you spread the wood about good enough and keep it covered in the rain, then a few months is more than enough.

You can also bake it in the oven at 250F if you're really desperate for dry wood.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:01 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Don't know if he's still there, but in between Wake Forest and Youngsville there is a guy on the East side of 1. Last two years he's had a giant pile sitting out front next to a vegetable/fruit stand. Cost $25 for one row across the pickup truck up the the bed hight.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:41 PM  

Raleigh, NC
i recently got some from goodwin's tree service. it was pretty cheap, well seasoned, although it was slightly less than the 1/2 cord i ordered. but, the cheap price made up for it.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:38 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Definitely check out craigslist and make sure it is seasoned hardwood. Prices vary pretty widely, so look around and make sure you're getting a decent deal.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:03 PM  

Mebane, NC
My friends dad sells firewood and delivers. His name is Tommy and he lives in Mebane. If you would like his phone number PM me

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.