Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2011, 03:07 PM  

asheville, nc
I am a huge fan of the powerline trails and the ones in Raleigh can present quite a challenge since many people use them. My favorite is off alexander rd in cary and it goes all the way to hwy 40 about 2 miles worth.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:18 AM  

raleigh, nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbob1000 View Post
I am a huge fan of the powerline trails and the ones in Raleigh can present quite a challenge since many people use them. My favorite is off alexander rd in cary and it goes all the way to hwy 40 about 2 miles worth.
GE owns the powerlines towards T.W. Alexander Drive and there's new construction happening there. They will prosecute trespassers after one warning. The same powerlines by I-40 are also off limits and were blocked off last I checked. Too bad some people dump trash in these areas and piss off the landowners. But as stated earlier, all utility easements are off limits unless you have permission from the landowner.

The powerline trail and surrounding trails at the corner of Hwy 70 and Leesville Rd are awesome but the landowner hates people wheeling out there and I bet he will shoot anyone he catches trespassing. Some of us or a local club should contact the landowner of one of the local trails and make an agreement so we can be out there if we regularly do cleanups and maybe maintain the area. I don't know any local powerline trails that are anything super challenging, but at least they are close to home.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:48 AM  

Raleigh, North Carolina
So any more info on Oregon Trail and the legality of riding it? Has anyone had a run in with the land owner? No trespassing signs?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:50 PM  

asheville, nc
Well I for one enjoy the illegal wheeling and I am not ashamed to admit it. Since other orv trails are being closed for reasons like fish populations and wealthy people buying up all the land and putting there nice fences up. There is a shortage of open land and acceptance for the wheeling community. Guess I need to head out west where they may be more liberal but they are also not scared to have fun.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM  

raleigh, nc
To keep this thread on topic and in legal status, here is a list of legal wheeling places.
NC4×4 | Where to Go Wheeling

The Flats in Marion, NC is a place I want to try out.
Spring Open Invite at The Flats - NC4x4 Forum
Old 01-18-2011, 12:38 PM  

Raeford, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulver44 View Post
To keep this thread on topic and in legal status, here is a list of legal wheeling places.

Thanks for the link to legal wheeling places. I'm going to have to check some of them out!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 AM  

raleigh, nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVT1911 View Post
Thanks for the link to legal wheeling places. I'm going to have to check some of them out!
Sure thing. Hopefully the continued success of the few private wheeling places in NC will cause others to open their land for 4wheeling as well.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:47 PM  

Cary, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulver44 View Post

Thanks for the links.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:12 AM  

Raleigh, NC
Unfortunately UNF is the closest place from Raleigh.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM  

fayetteville, North Carolina
Cant wait to try Uwharrie. I have been working on the Jeep for a while I guess it's time to test her out

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!

« Moving to Raleigh | - »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.