Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Real Estate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2011, 12:23 PM  

houston, tx
Buying a house....bad AC warranty???

Hey guys. i am in the process of buying a house built in 1995 in TEXAS. It has 2 separate ac units. One unit is only cooling 13 degrees and the other about 16. I have had an independent HVAC guy come out and inspect. He says both coils need to be replaced and both are low on freon. These are also the old r22 type. Furthermore one of the fan motors was installed wrong and drawing extremely high amperage. Here is the catch.

The owners say they had the AC serviced 2 to 3 months ago. They bought a sellers Home warranty and are saying that the warranty will fix them. I think they knew they where there last leg and got the warranty to try to avoid having to fix them. Where do you think I stand as far as legitimate fair negotiations with the problem.

Any insight to these "home warranties". We are waiting on the home warranty hvac guys inspection and our option period ends in 2 days. Eeek. thanks

Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Where do you think I stand as far as legitimate fair negotiations with the problem.
I could not generate trust based on prior performance.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:02 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
I would make them fix the AC units before I would buy the house.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:57 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Is the home warranty trasferable to you? yes it probably shoul be fixed right, but if the price is right then why argue. Its just one thing, I'm sure moving into a house built then will start to need many things.. Hot water heater, appliances, ect, ect..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Real Estate
Bookmark this Page!