Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2010, 08:13 PM  
Poison Idea

Am I in the wrong?

Alright, so I'll be 23 next week and I've been seeing this girl. She turned 18 today, and I've known her for about 4 years.

When we met I was about 19 and her boyfriend at the time (til about July this year) was, and still is, one of my best friends.

I met her bf at the time through the local music scene and I lived about a mile from him and his band and we all became really good friends over the last few years. Anyway, her and I have always been close, though I've always been really respectful of their relationship. They broke up in July and her and I started seeing each other in August. We slept together once sort of on accident then agreed to keep it legal until she turned 18. I talked to him the day after we were together and he's cool with it and supportive of it, but the rest of our friends haven't been ok with it and basically no one else has been ok with it either.

Now technically things are legal and going well, but I'm still catching a lot of **** from friends and family. I normally wouldn't mess with someone so young, but we've been friends a long time and the relationship is going really well and looks like it will last, just curious other peoples opinions about it.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i dont realy have an opinion on weather you are wrong or not, but i do think you are both missing out on the chance to meet someone in your own age group. (doesn't amtter that you think she is mature for her age). 23 year old girls are 100% better then 18 year olds. they change alot in those years.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:31 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'd have to agree. I know that a person changes infinitely between 18 and entering the real world in those first 5 years. I know I have for sure, and my wife as well. We got married at 19, and it's been a rough first 5 years that's for sure - basically because we got married so young without knowing what we really wanted out of life. It's been a lot of grinding as we've both come into our own, now I'm 23 and she's 24.

I know if I was dating a girl for a long time, then broke up and another one of my buddies got with her and was happy, I'd probably bite my tongue and say I'm alright with it. I don't know your dude or how close you guys are, but I'd buy him a few beers and have a "really man, you say the word, and I'll end it" kind of talk, to make sure he's not harboring anything. Good, true friends are one in a thousand.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-24-2010, 07:45 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Good, true friends are one in a thousand.
qft

Old 10-24-2010, 02:04 PM  
Poison Idea

Fwiw I was incredibly drunk when I made this thread lol.

Everyone actually seems totally fine with it now though.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:45 AM  

sharana, afghanistan
18 = drama
Old 10-26-2010, 06:03 AM  
Poison Idea

Meh, believe it or not she's about the least dramatic person I've ever met lol. A lot of my relationships actually tend to be fairly short just because I refuse to deal with drama, just not worth it.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 PM  

Westminster, Maryland
Amen to that, DRAMA SUCKS!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:25 PM  

Lol......Nightcrew thread.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:01 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Morgan View Post
Lol......Nightcrew thread.
ctrl+c, ctrl+v

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads