Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Kids and Sleeping

My Daughter is 3. She has started arguing (she never did before) that she isn't tired.

What time do you normally put your kids down and what are their ages?

Old 06-07-2011, 06:27 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I've wanted to put mine down many times, but could never actually bring myself to do it

On a more serious note, we were pretty liberal with bed times as they got a little older, but at around 3 years of age they used to fall asleep by themselves at around 9 while listening to me reading them Dr. Seuss and laughing myself silly.

We were pretty liberal, but we tried to make sure they got at least 8 hours of good sleep, so I guess I'd have to say it depends a little on what time they have to get up at.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:51 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
No kids of my own but I watch others with kids. They're often keen on watching sugar after dinner time and more than a few try to see the kids get some after dinner exercise to wear them out.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:02 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
We don't do sugar before bed, and we like to keep her on schedule, we started letting her read in bed (look at pics, she's 3), and it seems to be working for now.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:52 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Mine are 4 and 2, and they go down between 630 to 730, depending on the night. They also font take naps and haven't in quite some time.

They give us a hard time often about going to bed. It may take a few spankings, but they go down! For us, we feed them dinner and then they generally go down right after that.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I tried the spanking end at 3 am, it just made her angry. She's delightful but I'm afraid she a little strong willed.

She's getting no sugar for the next week as punishment. I hope this gets the point through.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:42 PM  
fustrated genius

Does she wake back up or just not got to sleep? . . . put her down at the exact same time every single night. Rather it's 7:00 pm or 1:00 am doesn't matter, (until school starts), it depends on your (& wife's) schedule, but be consistant if you can. Next if she's waking back up, ignore her, let her fuss in bed til she goes back to sleep. If she's getting up, make it so she can't. I want to tell you, it was much easier sitting here on my couch writing it on my laptop than it was actually doing it. ha ha , we did get past three to adulthood and no druggies, or crims. Good luck.

BTW, if you think this is bad, HA HA, wait til she's a teen.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:37 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Our 18 month old goes to bed around 7:00PM, and our 4 1/2 year old goes to bed about 7:30PM. We do dinner about 6PM, and no dessert during the week.

Granted we haven't had much resistance, but when we needed to, we have done the "cry it out" method with great results. The trick for us was to start early and be consistent, not give them the idea that crying for longer will get any different results.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:16 AM  

Greenville, SC
We eat dinner at around 4:30-5:00 and our 2 year old is asleep around 7:00 and we put the 4 year old to bed just after that... 10 after or so with a couple of books to look at. She always gets up to "go to the bathroom" around 7:45 and I will go up there and tell her not to get back out of bed again and stay quiet. Then they sleep until around 7:00 in the morning. Have always done really well I think....

My wife read these "Babywise" books and they worked WONDERS...

It makes my wife CRAZY when she or we are at the store late at night like 10:00 or something and there are parents there with their 3-5 year olds. The parents are actually getting upset that the kids are fussy...sheesh! THEY NEED TO BE IN BED!

The biggest key it seems is ROUTINE and STICK BY IT!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 AM  

Rio Rico, AZ
I feed my grands plenty of sugar and ice cream and send them home.. I don't know what time they go to bed after that...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Bookmark this Page!