Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2011, 01:56 AM  

re: when did you get married first time?

I saw the post by keith. and wow.. so many people married when they were young! wondering they don't regret the decision. it could be like "I wish i could date other people more" or "I could have better life than now if I was single"

people who married when they were young tend to cheat on their partner more due to curiosity of being in new relationship?

I'm 22 and my parents divorce got me curious what is real love and marriage life.

thanks

Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'm youngish, I got married younger, I don't regret it one bit. I was grateful to no longer be dating, that was a nightmare.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:17 PM  
fustrated genius

I have no regrets at all for getting married young. I knew what i wanted at a young age and it's worked out for me. We grew up together, sort of speak, and not apart like so many do. Age 18 to grandparents together.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:30 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I'm 22 and my parents divorce got me curious what is real love and marriage life.
I think it's what you make it. From the vantage point of age I doubt I was marriage material till I was in my mid-forties. Just be sure you marry a good friend you respect.
The saddest/funniest thing I ever saw was a good friend married with two kids who showed up at my door livid over his not knowing that being "in love" really existed. He had married a large chested airhead.

Try to get the important stuff figured out before making plans for life.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:24 AM  

Sammamish, WA
Age is not important if it's the right person. We got married at ages 22 and 21,
and are still together and happy after 37 years.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:15 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Dating was easy for me. I had "dated" plenty of women before I met my wife so I think that getting married at 26 was easy. I was over the bar scene and everything that came with it. Settling down and buying a house, starting a family and all that comes with that is what I was looking for. IMHO I think that it all depends on your mentality. If you think that you have things in life that you want to experience that you wouldn't be able to experience by either being married or being with a certain person than marriage probably shouldn't be high on your priority list.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:46 AM  

Kalispell, Montana
I got married at age 24. I don't regret it because now I have two awesome sons and not much to complain about in life. Wife and I are still together, will be 8 years this July.

If I had it to do over again would I?? The answer is not only no, but H*LL NO!!!!!
If I could rewind to being 20 years old again I would never make the mistake of keeping a girl around longer than a couple of nights before I'd move on to the next one.

Probably makes me sound like a huge jerk, but it is honestly how I feel.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:50 PM  

Galloway, Oh
I got married at 24. A month after my wife was in a car accident and had a closed head injury. After that it was all down hill. After 6 years of misery, I had to give up the ghost. She was not the person I married and I am unable to talk to her for more than 5 minutes without wanting to poke my eyes out.

Knowing what I know now (10 years after the fact), I don't think I would marry her again. Even if she never had the accident. I very much regret marring her.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:51 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
If I could rewind to being 20 years old again I would never make the mistake of keeping a girl around longer than a couple of nights before I'd move on to the next one.

Probably makes me sound like a huge jerk, but it is honestly how I feel.
In no way would I think you or anyone a jerk for making an error in something at least 50% of young marrieds get wrong. We've progressed from simple hunter-gatherer roles to complex lives spent with relative strangers who were often chosen by our hormones. I would have fared poorly marrying young.

About all I did know was that I wasn't marriage material until I sorted out a pretty violent & confusing childhood. Found the right girl but I wasn't close to being ready.

Since alcoholism runs in my family I had perfect attendance at bars from 18 to 50. I also had a chance to test & retest that "grass is greener" theory.
Lots of women but you discover what you need and want is a friend, a partner and someone to hold you. I think you need a good deal of luck to find that early in young adulthood. Heck, I think you're blessed if you ever find it.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:48 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I married at 19. We've been together for 5 years now. Honestly, I just think people give up too easy nowadays. It's a sign of the times.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Bookmark this Page!