Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 PM  

Reno, Nevada
Very, very true!!! All of it, there is so much lost when you aren't communicating face to face. I'm uncomfortable with this role reversal as well, so that may very well be a factor. When we first met, I felt this incredible connection and was terrified. I wasn't looking for more than a fwb type friendship and I didn't answer his calls for almost a week.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 PM  

California
Do you believe the "benefits" will still occur?

Old 03-14-2012, 02:07 AM  

Reno, Nevada
Nope. He's made it clear he doesn't wish anything more than just friends. If I could I'd continue the fwb. I was good with visiting a couple times a week.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:53 AM  

Houston, Texas
I never understood the FWB thing. Seems to me a way of having an intimate relationship without the responsibility of a commitment. I've had my fair share of 1-nighters when I was younger but it seems the older I get the more "old fashion" I become. I guess attitudes change with age. IMHO.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:47 AM  

California
I'm with Sideways on this.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:56 AM  

Reno, Nevada
I gotcha, and I think I was trying to use it as a holding pattern. Because when I was there it was like we were already an OMC. I'd cook dinner, we'd watch some TV, and then go to bed. I'd like something serious and real, it's just so rare I find anyone I feel connected to, and attracted to, and so much more. Most guys I meet, irritate me. He's the first guy in 10 years I could actually see myself staying with.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:21 AM  

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgurl775 View Post
I gotcha, and I think I was trying to use it as a holding pattern.
Maybe he senses this himself and wants something more stable?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:23 PM  

Reno, Nevada
He is newly divorced. Says he isn't ready. I understand that, I've been divorced 10 years. And only had one semi serious relationship, and He is still my bff. Nothing sexual between us at all though.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:54 PM  

Houston, Texas
Now that's starting to become more clear. He's probably afraid of getting involved again. Possibly because he does have some feelings and he senses where this could lead. Bad news for a guy especially if the divorce was messy. Despite his feelings he IS doing the prudent thing. Backing away, taking a break and maybe seeing what happens down the road. This could be the best thing for both of you. One or both could realize this was a relationship that is worth continuing, or not. But both of you have to be on the same wavelength at the end to continue. If either or both of you decide no then it's no despite what the other feels. You both have to feel the same to continue.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:25 AM  

Reno, Nevada
Oh absolutely. I'm of course hoping down the line it could be more. And I really don't want to pull a crazy female move and push him away for good. So, I work hard to not call, or bother him. We talked on the phone twice recently. And I called him both times, it's hard not to!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Bookmark this Page!

« Siblings | Sex Laws »