Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2011, 08:21 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I have a sister in MA. She's happily married to my great brother in law and she's a breast cancer survivor. We get along great but don't get to see each other often enough.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 PM  
Sarge

Denver, CO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Anyone here friends with their brothers and sisters?

As a kid we never got along, I'm now happy to say they are some of my closest friends.

I have one of each, what do you have, do you get along?
I had 5 sisters and one brother that died in childbirth. Never got to see him. One of the sisters died at age 2 yrs, I remember her real well. My oldest (a half sister) died last year. One sister is a dope head and hatefull. When she changed her name (probably to keep the police from finding her) all the rest of us let out a collective sighhhhh. Now we would not have her hanging around our neck like the proverbial albatross.
I guess I was closest to the middle two sisters. One always looked up to me and the other was very close to my age (just 18 months diff) During High School we double dated, she dating my buddy and I dating my buddies sister. We still are the closest two of he family. The middle sister would call me long distance and tell me her problems and troubles. Occasionally she would take my advice. One time she had an ex-husband stalking her and I told her to get out of town. She said that she had no job experience and didn't think she could support herself. I told her to join the Army, they would teach her job skills and feed and clothe her and pay all her expenses, medical and housing etc. That suggestion she took and I have pictures of her in uniform with a M-16. After Basic Training she went out for Airborn. That was the first year they let women in. 13 women joined and only 3 made it through the training. My little sister was one of the 3. Jesssssus I just told her to join the Army, not to go whole hog and jump out of perfectly good airplanes. She stayed in for 6 yrs, married her supply Sgt. and has two daughters now. She is one tough momma.
Sarge

Old 05-12-2011, 07:28 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I have a sister in MA. She's happily married to my great brother in law and she's a breast cancer survivor. We get along great but don't get to see each other often enough.
I don't see my sister much. She's in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge257 View Post
I had 5 sisters and one brother that died in childbirth. Never got to see him. One of the sisters died at age 2 yrs, I remember her real well. My oldest (a half sister) died last year. One sister is a dope head and hatefull. When she changed her name (probably to keep the police from finding her) all the rest of us let out a collective sighhhhh. Now we would not have her hanging around our neck like the proverbial albatross.
I guess I was closest to the middle two sisters. One always looked up to me and the other was very close to my age (just 18 months diff) During High School we double dated, she dating my buddy and I dating my buddies sister. We still are the closest two of he family. The middle sister would call me long distance and tell me her problems and troubles. Occasionally she would take my advice. One time she had an ex-husband stalking her and I told her to get out of town. She said that she had no job experience and didn't think she could support herself. I told her to join the Army, they would teach her job skills and feed and clothe her and pay all her expenses, medical and housing etc. That suggestion she took and I have pictures of her in uniform with a M-16. After Basic Training she went out for Airborn. That was the first year they let women in. 13 women joined and only 3 made it through the training. My little sister was one of the 3. Jesssssus I just told her to join the Army, not to go whole hog and jump out of perfectly good airplanes. She stayed in for 6 yrs, married her supply Sgt. and has two daughters now. She is one tough momma.
Sarge
What does she do now?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 AM  

Quote:
Anyone here friends with their brothers and sisters?

As a kid we never got along, I'm now happy to say they are some of my closest friends.

I have one of each, what do you have, do you get along?
I had one of each, too. I'm the oldest. My sister got married for the first time at the age of 55. It was his first marriage too. Obviously they were meant to find each other.

My brother was killed on his motorcycle when he was 25...broke my heart. He was everyone's favorite in the family and the glue that held us all together. When he died, things were never the same.

My sister and I hung around together in school days, (best friends), but when I got married at 17 and she stayed single, our lifestyles were different, so we kind of drifted apart. When my husband was KIA when I was 19, she wasn't there for me, like my brother was. I never really got over that, even though I never said anything to her about it.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Had dinner with my Brother and Sister last night.

We had a blast, two of the funnier people I know.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 PM  

Houston, Texas
I've got 1 brother 4 years older. We were never close and are even further apart now. I think he's a arrogant jerk and he thinks I'm an idiot so we break even. Haven't seen or talked to him in 10+ years and don't miss him. Haven't even given him any thought until I saw this thread. No sisters.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:11 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
How huge is huge?.

How's 8 siblings sound? Would that be considered huge? two are deseased now.

9 of us total.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:34 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
That's a lot.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:21 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I had 2 older brothers, one deceased now, 1 older sister. 1 half brother, 1 half sister and 3 step sisters. My full sister is the only one who lives near and the only one I ever see or talk to.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads