Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2011, 04:39 PM  
fustrated genius

Why do kids gotta be like this . . . .

Yup, I know, EVERY family has a tightwad cheapskate, "oh my, I forgot my wallet at home" type of sponge amoungst their mists. We got my son & D-I-L always looking for a ATM, or forget their wallet. Well, a few yrs ago, I told my wife to get AHEAD of the tightwads in line, grab our stuff and get the heck OUT of there before they do their silly con. Now, we've seen them ONCE in the last two yrs. If we don't pay, seems they don't want to play. They came down here dropped their kids off and went to Vegas, then thought, "if Mom/Dad meet us for fun in Vegas too, we won't have to spend the nickle on gas to pick the kids up either" I stopped it. My wife thought we would all go out to eat (dutch treat) when they picked up the kids and visit but if we don't pay they ain't gonna play. I say SCREW em, the cheapskate scumbags. Should have charged them to babysit the G-kids too. (i am about sick n fed of some of my grown up kids, or could you tell?).

I blame my wife, SHE's the one that got pregnant . . . three times!!

Old 07-30-2011, 04:35 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
HUMMMMMM OK

Little upset are we.

Maybe it was a parenting issue I am kidding with the comment right before this so as to not upset anyone. My sister can be like that. Has all the grandparents watching her kids 5 days a week for free.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:46 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
HUMMMMMM OK

Little upset are we.

Maybe it was a parenting issue I am kidding with the comment right before this so as to not upset anyone. My sister can be like that. Has all the grandparents watching her kids 5 days a week for free.
Oh yeah, they got me PO'd, ha ha, I don;t mind watching the kids, that's OK but the only time they can even visit is when they get a free meal.example; My son comes over, everybody brings canned soda, HE brings generic nasty cheap crap that Walmart won't even carry, then drinks up all the brand name sodas that someone else brought.He makes more $ than all us put together!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM  

Welcome to my world. My kids, who earn 6 times what I get paid, want me to take them out to dinner and guess who always gets stuck paying the bill? I guess it's that way all over, huh?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:08 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
you know how to solve the crappy soda problem right?

Go get the same brand he brings. Then hide the good stuff.

I had that problem in the Army the guys would come over and bring dirt nasty skunky beer and drink all my Shiner Bock and KIR. So I started drinking guinness and Bigfoot Barleywine.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:57 AM  
fustrated genius

I GAVE a truck to my son, who later GAVE it to my other son, (the nasty soda one) who whined and sniiveled about it until I BOUGHT it back at a "steal" from him. And had to repair a bunch of crap on it that he tore up, just to get it safe and legal for hyway use. (I had my truck break down and needed something quick & cheap)
My dad had an aunt who would invite the family over for dinner. They would get there and she would say (in her Spanish accent)"almost diner's ready, but I ran out of . . " So my mom would go with her to the store. The aunt would buy groceries for a month (50/60 bucks at the time) get up to the counter and say, "oh, no, I forgot my purse at home" and mom would pay. Finally, after a couple times, she invited the tribe over and my dad told her "we can't afford it tia" This son takes after HER, always sceaming on how to get crap for free.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:46 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I don't really talk to my Dad much, he makes it about money all the time.

There is an inverse, it's equally unpleasant.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
I've never been like that with my parents. I've also never been handed money without doing some work for it. In fact, I take my parents to dinner/lunch all the time. And I pay! Even if we meet for food, I pay for at least my half, if not all of it. Once in a while I will let my dad pick up the tab.

I also NEVER expect my parents to watch my child. Very rarely do I even ask them to watch her. If I do, It's for an hour or two if I need to get some errands done.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:11 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
I've never been like that with my parents. I've also never been handed money without doing some work for it. In fact, I take my parents to dinner/lunch all the time. And I pay! Even if we meet for food, I pay for at least my half, if not all of it. Once in a while I will let my dad pick up the tab.

I also NEVER expect my parents to watch my child. Very rarely do I even ask them to watch her. If I do, It's for an hour or two if I need to get some errands done.
My inlaws take my daughter once or twice a quarter. It's a nice break.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:54 PM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
My son dont pay for $h!t either! All he does when he want something is whine about it then my wife gives it to him. I have never seen him even offer to pay for his food when we go out to eat. And he never has his wallet, I dont think he even has one, the ungrateful freeloader.

His 1st birthday is coming up and things are gonna change around here right after that!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.