Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2011, 03:19 PM  

Mill Creek, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post

I think this says it just about right!

Old 06-10-2011, 04:10 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Works for me and I'm not an atheist.

Sheldon moves down to Texas and plans on teaching evolution to creationists.
Atheist?-creationism-5.jpg 

Atheist?-creationism-1.jpg 

Atheist?-12f799e72c57.jpg 

Atheist?-10oped_ignorant.gif 

Atheist?-creationismpopular.gif 

Atheist?-vaqtkuvxl8yjvjzzpb.jpg 

Atheist?-creationismproof.jpg 

Atheist?-creationism_comic.jpg 

Atheist?-creationism12.jpeg 

Atheist?-idcreationism.jpg 

Old 06-10-2011, 06:31 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Ha I like that picture. Science still can't conclusively prove wrong those same goat herders from 2000 years ago :-) it's ironic!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-10-2011, 06:40 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Ha I like that picture. Science still can't conclusively prove wrong those same goat herders from 2000 years ago :-) it's ironic!
Actually I'm pretty certain "Science" doesn't give a rip. Scientists have no animosity toward religion, it's the bible thumper's need to sync science with fairy tales.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:46 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Aaaaaaannnddd sync'ed. Check.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:35 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
actually quite a lot of things in the bible have been proven wrong, however once it is then the bible worshipers just say, oh that, it was meant figuratively, not literally..... so yes under those conditions we will never prove the bible "wrong" in the eyes of the believers, however if you read it literally there are tons of errors in it such as the world being flat and held up by four pillars?

how about the universe moving around the earth?

how about that the earth is ~6000 years old?

disease are evil spirits?

Science has conclusively proven these to be false. do you disagree?
Old 06-10-2011, 07:42 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I was just talking about creationism, my friend. I'd have to look into those other things before I agree or disagree, of course.

Where in the bible does it say that the world is held up by four pillars? And everyone thought that the world was flat, so that's irrelevant. Additionally, how has science proven, without a shadow of a doubt, that the world is more than 6000 years old? Oh goodness don't say carbon dating...

Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
I was just talking about creationism, my friend. I'd have to look into those other things before I agree or disagree, of course.

Where in the bible does it say that the world is held up by four pillars? And everyone thought that the world was flat, so that's irrelevant. Additionally, how has science proven, without a shadow of a doubt, that the world is more than 6000 years old? Oh goodness don't say carbon dating...
everyone thought?????? the point is god should have known...

so you seriously don't believe the earth is more then 6000 years old? tectonic plates and life that has been found matches up on the two continents in zones that would be connected, so unless the plates were just flying around the world after life had begun and then suddenly stopped.....

or for more scientific evidence.....
The Age of the Earth

but seriously? really 6000 years old? really?

The Earth has pillars?!

"He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble. (From the NIV Bible, Job 9:6)"

"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:4)"

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

Daniel 4:11
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV)

"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 104:5)"

"The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The world [The deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established; it cannot be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 93:1)"

"Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns." The world [Again, the deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established, it cannot be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 96:10)"
Old 06-10-2011, 09:03 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
I also highly recommend you read this, the bible is hardly a book for guidance, "Christians" often claim the koran is violent, I'm just glad most christians don't read the bible.....

Bible Precepts: Questionable Guidelines

If people read the bible and followed it this country would be far worse then the middle east is now.... far far worse.

Quote:
Leviticus 24:16

King James Version (KJV)

16And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.
"God isn't real and created by man", so is it your duty by your religion to kill me?

point being there has to be a point where you say "ok, that's where I draw the line on this religious stuff" correct? or do I need to worry now?

I could also list example from the bible endorsing castration, or that women who have sex without being married should be stoned to death or that you should not wear clothes with mixed fibers.... (now I might be jumping to conclusions here, but I bet you haven't followed all of them) there is obviously a point where you say "enough" and that you aren't believing in that....

so we both draw the line on religion, we just draw it at different levels of absurdity...
Old 06-10-2011, 09:07 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Oh goodness don't say carbon dating...
Would you prefer proof by parable?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!