Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2011, 02:33 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Goat View Post
Who's agenda's? and what would those agenda's be? What was all that evil editing you suggest? And what was gained by it. You suggest that a evil conspiracy has been carried out over a 2000 year period but you forget that nothing is hidden from God. He watches out and over His word. There can be no conspiracy that He does not know about. When did He quite caring about the credibility of His word? His Word says that "His Word is truth." Are you calling God a liar?
More reading comprehension issues?

I specifically said I did NOT fault God but rather the agenda of the scholars and Churches who edited the bible.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:30 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Thanks RR. Sometime us lowly Marines need old-man-translations
To be fair Jake I've explained in detail several times exactly what I believe and I've read your words saying you weren't interested in reading much of my posts. I rarely read certain posters myself.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:39 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I skip over your copy-paste-posts because, as I've made clear, I find them worthless.

Where have you read my words where I've said such a thing?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-12-2011, 02:06 PM  

If "David Lose" is to be put forward, and accepted, as a scholarly opinion on whether the Bible is true or not, then he must be similarly observed in his opinion that Atheism is a religion.

After all, if one is to put forward that a single (misunderstood/misrepresented) statement in the Bible warrants it's total falsehood, then the same holds true for Mr. Lose's opinion that atheism is a religion must be true as well.

That is, if this forum's logic is to be considered......................

David Lose: Has Atheism Become a Religion?

BTW, it should be known that my fingers were burning as I typed a reference from the Huffington Post!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
However I often agree with much of what you write but not all. There are no absolutes with humans.

Atheism isn't so much a religion as a defensive reaction to having diverse beliefs being pushed at you with absolute certitude. In this new IT age anyone who wishes to shop for a belief system should be able to easily find all they need online. Virtually every weekend I get visitors (usually Jehovah's witnesses or Mormons but lately the Baptists have made me a regular stop)

I'm always polite and willing to chat because the Oregon version of door knockers are nice polite people. I've had experience with the rude version in PA. In contrast I really enjoyed my chat with Barbara (recovering Mormon) & Barbara (recovering Catholic) the other day. I hope they return but not because you'd ever catch me dead in a JW church.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:57 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
because, as I've made clear, I find them worthless.
I'd suggest you avoid them then.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:59 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher

I'd suggest you avoid them then.
Genius! Good sidestep of my second question, though.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-12-2011, 07:01 PM  
Moved NY => Abq 3/9/11

I keep a copy of Darwin's 1859 "On The Origin of Species" (which I've read a few times) on my night stand. I like Chapter 4 best, "Natural Selection".
Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 PM  

Mill Creek, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
the men behind the church and often in the terms of king james bible the king's interestcontrol over the people"GOD" is the conspiracy, it's manmade creation designed for men to control other men by coercing or forcing them to believe in their religionso your captor does not have to do that work if you do so willingly by being afraid of "god"so do you follow all parts of the bible? no seriously I would really like a response to this? do you try to follow the teachings in the bible to the best of your ability? or do you dismiss the parts you don't like?

I especially wonder about your custom user name..... please tell me that's some kind of a joke....
Guys: Let me introduce myself. Old Goat was picked because I am an old goat of 66 years. On the jeep forums I am known as "The Old Rugged Crosser" because I wheel a old 72 CJ-5 which is a rugged crosser.

Now I have noted that all of you make the claim that you "believe in God." as though that will get you points to tip God's scale in your direction. Well guess what. Satan believes in God yet his living quarters have a pretty high heating bill. Myself I would rather be "known by God" and counted as one of His own. And just remember, God does not grade on a scale. To Him the only question that counts is "What have you done concerning my Son?" Do you believe in Him and excepted what He has done for you on that Old Rugged Cross?

I almost forgot to answer your question: "so do you follow all parts of the bible? no seriously I would really like a response to this? do you try to follow the teachings in the bible to the best of your ability? or do you dismiss the parts you don't like?"

I don't follow the teachings of the Bible to gain salvation. I do follow to the best of my ability the precepts of the Bible because I am already saved. St. Augusteen once said "Love the Lord Jesus Christ and then do as you please." In other words when you love the Lord Jesus there are many things that one who truly loves him will not do because he does love him. That leaves us with doing those things that shows that we do truly love him and the things we don't do are not because we are required to not do them. Love is the great strainer. We love God and then we love others as we would love ourselves.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:34 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Goat View Post
Guys: Let me introduce myself. Old Goat was picked because I am an old goat of 66 years. On the jeep forums I am known as "The Old Rugged Crosser" because I wheel a old 72 CJ-5 which is a rugged crosser.

Now I have noted that all of you make the claim that you "believe in God." as though that will get you points to tip God's scale in your direction. Well guess what. Satan believes in God yet his living quarters have a pretty high heating bill. Myself I would rather be "known by God" and counted as one of His own. And just remember, God does not grade on a scale. To Him the only question that counts is "What have you done concerning my Son?" Do you believe in Him and excepted what He has done for you on that Old Rugged Cross?
you replied as a response to my question....but did not actually answer my question and instead went of in another direction

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.