Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 PM  

Mill Creek, Washington
To all you guys on this thread I was going to reply to all of you here but I decided to start a new thread that will be in the religious section under the heading "Running to God or from God and all points in between."

Old 06-18-2011, 09:43 AM  

jeeperDon
I stated: IN MY 20,S AND 30,s-- Isnt that what all young people do? I had finally at 38,read the bible , rethought the religions ,studied them..And I decided that they werent for me. . In Europe we do not choose nor change our religion we are born in to it. No questions asked.( and no I wasnt brought up religiously)
I did not think that I have missed any opportunity as you suggested ,I am no Aetheist nor Agnostic , dont want to be, I cannot be. It is my choice made as an adult , not my" dormant " church belief. I personally do not believe in dogmas , though others may do I respect that. I just cannot ignore the stir of the spirit to connect with something greater.I cant ignore the the Life Force that is sustaining all living things, and is connecting us all . :-)

Old 06-18-2011, 09:57 AM  

Ripponred: Ok I have not thought of the ship building possibilities in California. But you are probably correct.They mined the coast for gold and silver , I just believed that all treasures were shipped back to Spain. That, it may have been land transported over Mexico ,then ships to Spain? ( that were wrecked by hurricanes off the Treasure coast of Florida!) :-)
Is the Bible True?-img_2135.jpg 

Old 06-18-2011, 10:02 AM  

treasure coast light house
Old 06-18-2011, 03:37 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurecoast View Post
treasure coast light house
Certainly the sinking sailors saw that same "lighthouse".

Quote:
Lighthouse History

For 115 years the Crooked River Lighthouse has stood as a beacon, guiding timber ships as well as local fishermen and oystermen through the treacherous pass between Dog and St. George Islands, along Florida's Panhandle. Built in 1895, this iron and steel structure replaced the lighthouse on Dog Island, which was destroyed by hurricane in 1873.

In 1995, the Crooked River Lighthouse was decommissioned by the U.S. Coast Guard which four years later, despite its inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places, had plans to surplus the lighthouse and auction it off to the highest bidder. It was at this time that the Carrabelle Lighthouse Association (CLA) was formed by a dedicated group of local citizens with the goal of preserving, restoring, and opening the lighthouse to the public.

In August 2001 the CLA, in conjunction with the City of Carrabelle, was successful in having the Lighthouse deeded to the City through the Federal Lands to Parks program. Since that time the CLA and City officials have worked to obtain funding for the restoration of this historic treasure of Florida's "Forgotten Coast." The CLA's members are devoted to the worthy cause of restoring this small piece of maritime history. Through its efforts, the CLA has also received funds from the Florida Lighthouse Association, a Florida Communities Trust Land Grant, a Florida Communities Trust Restoration grant, and the Florida Legislature. These funds are being put toward restoration of the lighthouse and improvements to the land surrounding the lighthouse.
HTML Code:
http://www.crookedriverlighthouse.org/index.cfm/m/3/dn/History/
Is the Bible True?-1940scrlighthouse.jpg 

Is the Bible True?-crlighthouse.jpg 

Is the Bible True?-jupiter-light.jpg 

Old 06-18-2011, 04:56 PM  

Blucher:
Thanks for the great pics ! Actually the one in Treasure Coast is the one in Jupiter Inlet. The one I was shoving its a bit more south in Lighthouse Point.It has the worlds brightest lights, it shines for 28 miles ! It was built in 1901. It has the most beautiful views from above. So those poor sailors could not have seen those lights in the earlier centuries I doubt that they would have been able to,not in a hurricanes anyway. I saw some beautiful lighthouse photos posted , from the Oregon coast , they are magnificent.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:23 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
The one I was shoving its a bit more south in Lighthouse Point.It has the worlds brightest lights, it shines for 28 miles ! It was built in 1901. It has the most beautiful views from above. So those poor sailors could not have seen those lights in the earlier centuries I doubt that they would have been able to,not in a hurricanes anyway. I saw some beautiful lighthouse photos posted , from the Oregon coast , they are magnificent.
I was bored and went collecting lighthouses one day. I only saw maybe 50 miles of the OR coast but it really is stunning.

I posted that remark because there was no image in your post until now. I blame Chrome for refusing to display it.

Today we almost expect a 20 minute hurricane warning but ships sailing your coast had nothing but their eyes to warn them. How does one keep the nose of the ship pointed into the wind and sea using sails?
Unlike the English the Spanish built ships more like big fat slow trucks. They wuz murdered by storms.

I prefer referring to God as "he or she" because sexuality is so unnecessary for an omnipotent all powerful spiritual entity like God. Calling God an "it" might be a bit more accurate but feels like a poor way to refer to a friend.

As I suspected it muddies the waters but it's good to get people considering it.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:38 AM  

Mill Creek, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraZeDav View Post
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have not read any other threads in this religon category

Welcome to the forum Dave.

I tried to open my heart to God and Jesus but it just didn't work for me.
I don't believe in heaven or hell so there is no reason for me to be concerned about my soul being saved.

Try to remember that just because you don't believe doesn't mean it does not exist.

I don't deny Jesus exited, but I don't believe there is some almighty up there that is listening to my prayers. If I had any.
This concept of angels. Wasn't Lucifer an Angel that was cast out of Heaven.
Doesn't that make angles to be some sort of semi-god with limited power to try and sway you to do things evil.

Yes that is true.

It's all confusing to me. So much stuff to sort through.

Ask your questions, well try our best to answer.

Must be part of Gods plan. Not a very good one. Kind of a trial and error sort of thing.

His plan is found in "The Book."
Talk to ya around the bend, Dave.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:20 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser View Post
Try to remember that just because you don't believe doesn't mean it does not exist.
Try to remember that just because you believe doesn't mean it exists. Basing major life decisions on belief is a good way to make poor decisions.

Look at the people who spent their life savings preparing for Harold Camping's May 21st apocalypse.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 PM  

Mill Creek, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Try to remember that just because you believe doesn't mean it exists. Basing major life decisions on belief is a good way to make poor decisions.

Look at the people who spent their life savings preparing for Harold Camping's May 21st apocalypse.
RA

Do you only see what is bad in this world? You must be the most unhappy person I have come across.

Oh yah, I almost forgot, you are a atheist.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!