Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2011, 04:34 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldruggedcrosser View Post
Bla Bla Bla Same old saw. Far to unintellectual for those of us with serious minds to waste our time on. I can't believe that you think you have any creds.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing of you and your arguments. But rather than present the ad hominem insult and leave it at that, I chose to address the argument you presented.

Frankly, I don't know of anyone who would consciously choose a belief system whose preferred method of discussion and resolving disagreement was personal insults rather than logic and reason.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:26 AM  

TN
Quote:
Bla Bla Bla Same old saw. Far to unintellectual for those of us with serious minds to waste our time on. I can't believe that you think you have any creds.
You know there preacher...just so you won't get all wrapped up in yourself. The only way to prove anything you say you believe comes from an ancient book written by folks who were so ignorant that they believed the earth was flat and the universe rotated around it. My way of thinking is that if there is an omnipotent, invisible man in the sky and he chose to drop by during the stone age and leave the only keys to the kingdom with that mob of primitives...screw him.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:56 PM  

Quote:
Salvation is from the LORD

Those who refuse to accept Jesus remain condemned and destined for eternal death in hell. They would have to face judgment for their sins since the blood of Christ would not cover them. How can they be held responsible for their sins and face the judgment of God? John 3:19-20 explains it well. It says, "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed."

After one accepts Christ what does it mean to be saved? It means no longer being under the condemnation of God, and no longer being subject to His wrath (Romans 8:1). Those who accept Jesus Christ by faith receive eternal life (John 3:16, 36). Salvation is a gift wholly from God. Jonah 2:9 says, "Salvation is from the LORD". Salvation is granted by the grace of God through faith, apart from good works on our part.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Being saved means being brought from a lost condition by Christ (Colossians 1:13) into a saved condition that provides the believer with great blessings the moment we trust Him. These blessings are very comprehensive, for our "salvation includes every divine undertaking for the believer from his deliverance out of the lost estate to his final presentation in glory conformed to the image of Christ" (L.S. Chafer, Systematic Theology [Dallas: Dallas Seminary Press, 1948], 3:6). Paul declares that God has already blessed us with all spiritual blessings in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).
Good points.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:56 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Good points.
All reference from the bible...originally written during the stone age.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:44 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
All reference from the bible...originally written during the stone age.
Yeah ain't that a hoot. You'd think we'd have figured it out by now!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Yeah ain't that a hoot. You'd think we'd have figured it out by now!
I'm more interested in things like this and the things they link to:

Old 07-06-2011, 01:06 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I'm more interested in things like this and the things they link to:

For some reason that reminds me of this. The only relative value I can think of is that the churches in this world own or control a whole lot more than a trillion:

What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

You might also be interested to note the national debt in $100 bills(as of March 2009.) Be sure to look at the man standing at the left front corner of all this:

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/usdebt.html
Old 07-06-2011, 03:43 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'm getting complaints, be respectful in your arguments or the thread will be closed.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:23 PM  

Orc: You have started by Copy and Pasteing the article. Rivals response was in no way offensive , he was offering a different opinion than what was presented .Your last post #10 was a complete cop out.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:44 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
You might also be interested to note the national debt in $100 bills(as of March 2009.) Be sure to look at the man standing at the left front corner of all this:
What does one TRILLION dollars look like? - U.S. National Debt
7 of the top 15 BILLIONAIRES live in the US.
The Big Atheist Dilemma-pallet_x_10000_x_11.jpg 

The Big Atheist Dilemma-billion.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!