Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 11:38 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
No, info is only good if it has something to back it up, like studies, if you are going to try to make the case that its true.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV2 View Post
So, info is only good info as long as you control the flow of info?
Have you ever seen a University of Texas (UT) football game? I've been a long time fan and a season ticket holder for over 15yrs. The sign we us for our team is

So I guess with all the different religions throwing this sign and during home games 90+ thousand people are really trying to put curses on each other?

I don't think so.

It is true that SOME people us us things for different reason. The only way to know what is behind a persons use is to ASK that person. Our country is so quick to ASSume that the Stars and Bars are always meant to be racist. But it's not. People died to keep their government from over stepping. They failed, but it's not all about slavory.

As for christianity, there is one sin that so far has been committed hundreds of times. You are just a man, you do not have the right to judge anyone! ONLY GOD has that right. As a christian it is your job to spread his word and try to swing people to him. But it is not you job to condemn people because they don't except God. This is not the same as fighting different religions. The muslims will in the end be defeated. They will be punished. But they are not judged for being muslim, they are judged for looking the other way while people hide behind that religion to commit crimes.

It's hard for me to stay on track, but I think you get it. IF not let me know.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 AM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
Have you ever seen a University of Texas (UT) football game? I've been a long time fan and a season ticket holder for over 15yrs. The sign we us for our team is

So I guess with all the different religions throwing this sign and during home games 90+ thousand people are really trying to put curses on each other?

I don't think so.

It is true that SOME people us us things for different reason. The only way to know what is behind a persons use is to ASK that person. Our country is so quick to ASSume that the Stars and Bars are always meant to be racist. But it's not. People died to keep their government from over stepping. They failed, but it's not all about slavory.

As for christianity, there is one sin that so far has been committed hundreds of times. You are just a man, you do not have the right to judge anyone! ONLY GOD has that right. As a christian it is your job to spread his word and try to swing people to him. But it is not you job to condemn people because they don't except God. This is not the same as fighting different religions. The muslims will in the end be defeated. They will be punished. But they are not judged for being muslim, they are judged for looking the other way while people hide behind that religion to commit crimes.

It's hard for me to stay on track, but I think you get it. IF not let me know.

You need to read and comprehend. Study only from that which will lead you to the original text, don't just take someone's misinformed or intentionally misleading opinion for your own consumption.

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Verses of Violence

I'll leave the 'judging others' alone at the moment.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Them sure are some big words.

I do read and comprehend. You need to remember that the books of religion were writen on a time when words didn't mean what they do know. People were not as smart as they are now. You can not go by a book that was written thousands of years ago. Hell even the bible is a list of books written and rewritten over hundreds of years. Each one different then the one before. How many people actually live the old testamat? Should we really beat our wives?
Old 11-03-2010, 01:29 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
Them sure are some big words.

I do read and comprehend. You need to remember that the books of religion were writen on a time when words didn't mean what they do know. People were not as smart as they are now. You can not go by a book that was written thousands of years ago. Hell even the bible is a list of books written and rewritten over hundreds of years. Each one different then the one before. How many people actually live the old testamat? Should we really beat our wives?
Excellent points there...........
Old 11-03-2010, 02:12 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
God loves all of you!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-03-2010, 03:10 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
I think he does. I think that as long as you try to live a richous (i think that's spelled wrong) life he will take you in. I maybe wrong, I may go to hell. But in my bones I feel that god knows we can't be without sin. After all, he did let his son die for our sins. For God to be the ALL MIGHTY he knows there are and will be things that simple man will not be able to turn down. He's given us TOOLS to try and cut back or do away with the sins of every day.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:11 PM  

san marcos, texas
If God is so big and almighty why would he give a damn what different ways we can offend each other with our hands. It's such a petty thing to argue about and just another example of christian fear mongering. In any case, the symbol we were originally talking about is sign language for "I love you" and with the thumb tucked in it is for the Longhorns.

Bickering over such petty BS is one of the reasons I've grown such a distaste for Christianity. Maybe we should start a new thread about another religion, I'm interested in hearing what it means to be a wiccan. Otherwise I might assume that wiccans fly on brooms and make spells in big, black cauldrons. Sounds like fun!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:20 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hah our previous argument was between a few people with way different points of view, so please don't let it represent all of Christianity for you!

And it was also kind of fun to hear that guy go on and on about crazy things...

Please do start a thread about Wicca! I'd be interested in that, too.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-04-2010, 08:00 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
If God is so big and almighty why would he give a damn what different ways we can offend each other with our hands. It's such a petty thing to argue about and just another example of christian fear mongering. In any case, the symbol we were originally talking about is sign language for "I love you" and with the thumb tucked in it is for the Longhorns.

Bickering over such petty BS is one of the reasons I've grown such a distaste for Christianity. Maybe we should start a new thread about another religion, I'm interested in hearing what it means to be a wiccan. Otherwise I might assume that wiccans fly on brooms and make spells in big, black cauldrons. Sounds like fun!
I think God cares because he is the creator. Just like any parent would care if his kids were fighting.

But you have to understand that MOST christians do not feel or act like the crazies you speak about. Kind of like the Liberals and Conservitaves. The ones you hear most are the cray people that feel they have to yell to be heard. Christians aren't the only people that don't like gays, they aren't the only people that hate illegal aliens. But there are more chrisitans then not in america so you'll hear them more. The non christians feel threaten so they are always fighting with them. You are doing it now, but I don't hear you saying anything about Judaism or islomic religion. Both of these are far more harsh then the christian religion. The people that practice these religions have absolutely no ability or will to allow for change. What I'm trying to say is Christians aren't nearly as bad as you think, and are not the one to watch out for.

I do think this thread has reached it's end. It's the same people over and over with a side of wack jods for spice.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!