Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2011, 06:04 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Could god be an alien? no seriously, could he?

disclaimer: not saying I believe this, more of something to ponder, and I know this is hardly even scratching the surface of this topic, I highly recommend watching some of the ancient aliens shows, I would link to them but they do briefly show old paintings and sculptures with minor nudity and don't know if that flies here even if it is art and/or educational, so just go to youtube and type it in
---------------------------------------------

Ancient Aliens - Gods & Aliens, on the history channel or on youtube
They mention the book "Chariots of the gods" and seems like it might be a good read. The idea does kind of seem to have some possibility, primarily for the earlier religions that came before most of the modern religions.

So many religions tend to refer to gods coming down from the heavens, and if we were to reread and reinterpret the description of those events and think spacecraft, some seem to fit very well as some describe it as noisy or coming to earth on something with wings (why would god need it to be noisy or need wings or a creature/contraption with wings?).

How would a primitive culture without any significant machinery describe machinery that can fly, they wouldn't have the words to describe it, could lead to stories of men with wings, would a spacecraft engine be referred to as roaring thunder? could a military commander flying with his soldiers be referred to as god and his angels?

They even mentioned a similar event during world war 2 where some plans landed and used an isolated island in the pacific as an airfield, and made friends with the natives by giving them stuff. the islanders referred to them as ancestral ghosts and built airplane like structures on the runway wanting them to return.

this is from around 3000 b.c.e., looks a lot like our modern aircraft

Also on the shows go a bit on about the nazca lines and how on top of one of the plateaus they have a clearing that is shaped to make a pretty good runway, they also show a lot of ancient artwork that looks a lot like spacecraft and men in space suits

there is more controversy about the validity of this one, doesn't seem like it would be too useful as a rocket of that design

Old 01-11-2011, 01:52 PM  

Austin
Yes. I could be too.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:11 PM  

san marcos, texas
Could be time traveler's.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:34 AM  

Illinois
I suggest you do read "Chariots of the gods"

check out Coast to Coast Am, they cover this topic from time to time. If any of us really think what we have been told about our history is true they dont study history. ex - the earth is flat... america was discoverd by Clmbs... these are just two items that have been disproven.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:00 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
Could be time traveler's.
No, that's just silly.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:04 PM  

san marcos, texas
I actually read "chariots of the gods" several years ago, but I'm still not convinced that it was aliens.

The gold piece in the picture above that "looks like an aircraft" also looks just like a fly or dragonfly.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
I actually read "chariots of the gods" several years ago, but I'm still not convinced that it was aliens.

The gold piece in the picture above that "looks like an aircraft" also looks just like a fly or dragonfly.
except for the upright rear fin and that the wings on the bottom of the body which don't exist in nature
Old 01-16-2011, 09:24 PM  

Absolutely!

I love this topic, just for general pondering. At one time I read some things about the "missing" books of the bible. Basically the books that were removed by the powers in the church that were contrary to what they wanted to teach. It's been a number of years, but I seem to remember that at one point in the old old old manuscripts god was referred to as "gods", as in plural, and that was changed by the church. I'm totally going to screw up this quote, so I'll just paraphrase; I also remember reading about the gods mated with man to create the new man. Something to that affect anyway. I gotta find that somewhere as it basically was about the aliens (gods) mating with the primates on earth to create modern man. Even though evolution is so blatantly obvious in many species, man doesn't truly trace back to anything other than earlier men. With so much DNA similarity between us and other primates, the injection of alien DNA to jump evolution forward without a clear path is completely plausible.

Yeah, I love this stuff. And no, I obviously don't believe in an invisible sky daddy. It's hard to open your mind to some really cool science fiction that just might maybe possibly have roots in truth if your bogged down by ghost stories with no proof at all after thousands of years.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
disclaimer: not saying I believe this, more of something to ponder, and I know this is hardly even scratching the surface of this topic, I highly recommend watching some of the ancient aliens shows, I would link to them but they do briefly show old paintings and sculptures with minor nudity and don't know if that flies here even if it is art and/or educational, so just go to youtube and type it in
---------------------------------------------

Ancient Aliens - Gods & Aliens, on the history channel or on youtube
They mention the book "Chariots of the gods" and seems like it might be a good read. The idea does kind of seem to have some possibility, primarily for the earlier religions that came before most of the modern religions.

So many religions tend to refer to gods coming down from the heavens, and if we were to reread and reinterpret the description of those events and think spacecraft, some seem to fit very well as some describe it as noisy or coming to earth on something with wings (why would god need it to be noisy or need wings or a creature/contraption with wings?).

How would a primitive culture without any significant machinery describe machinery that can fly, they wouldn't have the words to describe it, could lead to stories of men with wings, would a spacecraft engine be referred to as roaring thunder? could a military commander flying with his soldiers be referred to as god and his angels?

They even mentioned a similar event during world war 2 where some plans landed and used an isolated island in the pacific as an airfield, and made friends with the natives by giving them stuff. the islanders referred to them as ancestral ghosts and built airplane like structures on the runway wanting them to return.

this is from around 3000 b.c.e., looks a lot like our modern aircraft

Also on the shows go a bit on about the nazca lines and how on top of one of the plateaus they have a clearing that is shaped to make a pretty good runway, they also show a lot of ancient artwork that looks a lot like spacecraft and men in space suits

there is more controversy about the validity of this one, doesn't seem like it would be too useful as a rocket of that design
Your second photo looks like a "being" in a tight sitting position(and the head is missing) and driving the "craft", and which also looks like it has "engines" protruding from the rear....to the right..
Could god be an alien? no seriously, could he?-flyingobjects22_02a1-copy.jpg 

Could god be an alien? no seriously, could he?-img_4382-copy.jpg 

Old 01-17-2011, 10:59 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
I say this not definitively and how could anyone know for fact?
Merely a supposition.

Mankind was designed in the image of God (or so such is claimed for lack of a scientific answer apart from Evolution), therefore such construct is ALIEN or EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL.
WE are of Star Dust therein being ALIENS as well having been introduced to this ALIEN Planet.

Yes, (the) God(s) is (are) ALIEN!
----
Yes, this Planet has been visited by Other World Beings or Aliens, Gods, etc.
Worldwide evidence verifies, just look around.
Deserts and Ice Fields were sustainable environs at times and shall be again.
Everything being circular, meaning regenerative, shall again be presented.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!