Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2011, 04:32 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
might be from where the saying A family that lays together, stays together originated-
That drew a slack jawed shocked look from me cuz I'd never heard it (nor wanted to). Child Welfare in PA can point you right at the black holes where it most occurs although it can occur anywhere.

George Carlin should be taught in elementary school.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:26 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
That drew a slack jawed shocked look from me cuz I'd never heard it (nor wanted to). Child Welfare in PA can point you right at the black holes where it most occurs although it can occur anywhere.

George Carlin should be taught in elementary school.
Just curious...did you hear the audience's reaction to his routine? George Carlin was a comedian. Much like Lenny Bruce.

Mark Twain, Will Rogers, a few moderns like Dice Clay, Richard Pryor, Red Foxx, Chris Rock etc. changed the landscape forever. Strange world we live in where comedians have to shoulder the hard work.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:58 AM  

Very interesting. The movie by Discovery Channel,s " The real Eve " is most imformative.
Through the maternal DNA the scientist today can trace back which daughter of Eve our nationalities descended , our first mother, which area of the east they came from and how they lived. Science is fascinating so is our history.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:18 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurecoast View Post
Very interesting. The movie by Discovery Channel,s " The real Eve " is most imformative.
Through the maternal DNA the scientist today can trace back which daughter of Eve our nationalities descended , our first mother, which area of the east they came from and how they lived. Science is fascinating so is our history.

Hey...you said science and our history were fascinating. I took off on the history part.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 AM  

DORF; I lost you on this one. I was referring to the mythochondrial Eve. Can you clear it up for me please what is the connection with the declaration of Independence ?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurecoast View Post
DORF; I lost you on this one. I was referring to the mythochondrial Eve. Can you clear it up for me please what is the connection with the declaration of Independence ?
Uh Oh! Looks like I replied to the wrong one.

"Hey...you said science and our history were fascinating. I took off on the history part."
Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Just curious...did you hear the audience's reaction to his routine? George Carlin was a comedian. Much like Lenny Bruce.

Mark Twain, Will Rogers, a few moderns like Dice Clay, Richard Pryor, Red Foxx, Chris Rock etc. changed the landscape forever. Strange world we live in where comedians have to shoulder the hard work.
They still need to carry the load.
The Eternal Fate Of Mankind-tds-tcr_rallyposters.jpg 

Old 07-09-2011, 10:31 AM  

Dorf: Nice to see Ur human!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:00 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
They still need to carry the load.
Funny, I was thinking specifically of Jon Stewart when he rattled off comedians. I've never seen Stephen Colbert break character, but Stewart isn't afraid to drop the act.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:23 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Funny, I was thinking specifically of Jon Stewart when he rattled off comedians. I've never seen Stephen Colbert break character, but Stewart isn't afraid to drop the act.
Hey...Stewart has been punking the right so often they're trying to sue him.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!