Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 06-26-2011, 01:13 PM  
Member

Mill Creek, Washington
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 71 | Kudos: +14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorph View Post
fallen man being key. All this afterlife malarky came from the stone age.

Why would a loving, caring god drop off the only keys to the kingdom with a gang who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it and then choose to never make his presence known again?
dorf, that argument is getting old.
__________________

__________________
Old Goat aka
Old Rugged Crosser. Wheelen a Old Rugged Crossen 72 CJ-5
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:35 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Why would a loving, caring god drop off the only keys to the kingdom with a gang who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it and then choose to never make his presence known again?

Garbled transmission? i'm a bit concerned about all the keys made since he dropped them off. Some worry they only unlock safe deposit boxes in the Caymans.
Exactly What Is A Jesus Freak?-amfund2000_50.jpg 

Exactly What Is A Jesus Freak?-e24143d7d71a48f66d2e0b47f9769d29.jpg 

Exactly What Is A Jesus Freak?-vatican2.jpg 

Exactly What Is A Jesus Freak?-rolls-royce-silver-cloud.jpg 

__________________

__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:51 PM  
Senior Member

TN
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 118 | Kudos: +26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser View Post
dorf, that argument is getting old.
As long as I'm here you will continue to see it. Know why?? It's the truth. Just the opposite of tales about holy ghost, son of god, virgin birth, walking on water, healing by touching, resurrection etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:04 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
to me it's anyone who believes in christianity enough to attempt to spread the absurdity to someone else who hasn't bought into the brainwashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser View Post
dorf, that argument is getting old.
why because it doesn't jive with a religious agenda? that it points out one of the absurdities of religion?
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:30 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser View Post
dorf, that argument is getting old.
Old, perhaps, but still valid and inadequately addressed.

Christianity is the belief that the entity that practices the most horrendous torture possible - eternal damnation in hell - is the "gold standard" for morality, the one true god. You've presented all aspects of this argument.

Now that's fine - if that's your individual belief; if you believe the bible is the word of god, that's your prerogative, and I will make no effort to dissuade you. They are your beliefs. Your actions might affect me, but your personally held beliefs never will.

But you're not just holding these beliefs, you're marketing them. You're trying to persuade people to adopt your beliefs as their own. Offering to teach them, help others arrive at the conclusions you've arrived at. You present them not as your personal belief, but as absolute truth. You're trying to persuade me, which opens the door for me to respond. But we're just going back and forth at this point. You're not furthering your argument, you're just denigrating anyone who doesn't agree with you. YOU are threatening dissenters with arguments akin to "My daddy can beat up your daddy".

And let me tell you what: It's getting old.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:29 PM  
Member

Mill Creek, Washington
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 71 | Kudos: +14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post

Garbled transmission? i'm a bit concerned about all the keys made since he dropped them off. Some worry they only unlock safe deposit boxes in the Caymans.
Blucher, I love that montage of the tbn family. If you look close at the characters faces their all in there. The color hue of that pic just might be indicative of thing to come for them.
__________________
Old Goat aka
Old Rugged Crosser. Wheelen a Old Rugged Crossen 72 CJ-5
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:03 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser View Post
Blucher, I love that montage of the tbn family. If you look close at the characters faces their all in there. The color hue of that pic just might be indicative of thing to come for them.
It helps me to imagine they're all in Dante's inner circle of HELL. Even if I didn't believe in a God I'd pray there is one to judge them. Even Tammy Faye looks good compared to Jan & her Ringmaster hubbie.
__________________

__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.