Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2011, 12:13 PM  

Mill Creek, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorph View Post
fallen man being key. All this afterlife malarky came from the stone age.

Why would a loving, caring god drop off the only keys to the kingdom with a gang who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it and then choose to never make his presence known again?
dorf, that argument is getting old.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:35 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Why would a loving, caring god drop off the only keys to the kingdom with a gang who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it and then choose to never make his presence known again?

Garbled transmission? i'm a bit concerned about all the keys made since he dropped them off. Some worry they only unlock safe deposit boxes in the Caymans.
Exactly What Is A Jesus Freak?-amfund2000_50.jpg 

Exactly What Is A Jesus Freak?-e24143d7d71a48f66d2e0b47f9769d29.jpg 

Exactly What Is A Jesus Freak?-vatican2.jpg 

Exactly What Is A Jesus Freak?-rolls-royce-silver-cloud.jpg 

Old 06-26-2011, 12:51 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser View Post
As long as I'm here you will continue to see it. Know why?? It's the truth. Just the opposite of tales about holy ghost, son of god, virgin birth, walking on water, healing by touching, resurrection etc.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:04 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
to me it's anyone who believes in christianity enough to attempt to spread the absurdity to someone else who hasn't bought into the brainwashing.

Quote:
why because it doesn't jive with a religious agenda? that it points out one of the absurdities of religion?
Old 06-26-2011, 01:30 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Old, perhaps, but still valid and inadequately addressed.

Christianity is the belief that the entity that practices the most horrendous torture possible - eternal damnation in hell - is the "gold standard" for morality, the one true god. You've presented all aspects of this argument.

Now that's fine - if that's your individual belief; if you believe the bible is the word of god, that's your prerogative, and I will make no effort to dissuade you. They are your beliefs. Your actions might affect me, but your personally held beliefs never will.

But you're not just holding these beliefs, you're marketing them. You're trying to persuade people to adopt your beliefs as their own. Offering to teach them, help others arrive at the conclusions you've arrived at. You present them not as your personal belief, but as absolute truth. You're trying to persuade me, which opens the door for me to respond. But we're just going back and forth at this point. You're not furthering your argument, you're just denigrating anyone who doesn't agree with you. YOU are threatening dissenters with arguments akin to "My daddy can beat up your daddy".

And let me tell you what: It's getting old.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 PM  

Mill Creek, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post

Garbled transmission? i'm a bit concerned about all the keys made since he dropped them off. Some worry they only unlock safe deposit boxes in the Caymans.
Blucher, I love that montage of the tbn family. If you look close at the characters faces their all in there. The color hue of that pic just might be indicative of thing to come for them.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:03 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Blucher, I love that montage of the tbn family. If you look close at the characters faces their all in there. The color hue of that pic just might be indicative of thing to come for them.
It helps me to imagine they're all in Dante's inner circle of HELL. Even if I didn't believe in a God I'd pray there is one to judge them. Even Tammy Faye looks good compared to Jan & her Ringmaster hubbie.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.