Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 AM  
fustrated genius

Nope, never missed any, the basics you're saying has no bible backing. There are preachers, priests and other clurgy using the word of GOD in vein to complete acts such as child molestation and other criminal acts, the road, as many of the sciptures YOU quoted, is a narrow one that many of seedling will wither and not spout, some may spout but die on the vine. If you take that family in the saved Caddy, the Caddy prolly has as much, if not more chance to make it into the favor of our living GOD because obviously, their heart is in material goods. If one's heart is in the correct state of being, wouldn't they stored their riches in heaven where no man can steal it as Jesus has pointed out? Because few make it, does not mean it is false. Many change things around but have no purpose other tahn self material gratification.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:07 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Nope, never missed any, the basics you're saying has no bible backing. There are preachers, priests and other clurgy using the word of GOD in vein to complete acts such as child molestation and other criminal acts, the road, as many of the sciptures YOU quoted, is a narrow one that many of seedling will wither and not spout, some may spout but die on the vine. If you take that family in the saved Caddy, the Caddy prolly has as much, if not more chance to make it into the favor of our living GOD because obviously, their heart is in material goods. If one's heart is in the correct state of being, wouldn't they stored their riches in heaven where no man can steal it as Jesus has pointed out? Because few make it, does not mean it is false. Many change things around but have no purpose other tahn self material gratification.
You've got it bad.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:17 AM  
fustrated genius

ha ha, all things are still yet fluid as we ponder the effectiveness of our bounderies. most of us have it bad.

(now let me go have my Porshe washed & waxed)
Old 06-02-2011, 11:54 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
ha ha, all things are still yet fluid as we ponder the effectiveness of our bounderies. most of us have it bad.
Yeah well I have my own story. When I was about four or five years old, about 70 years ago, my maternal grandmother had it bad too. When I did anything contrary to her "Right Thing" she would say, "Ol Scratch Will Get You!" Ol' Scratch being her name for Satan. When I was in the third and fourth grades my teachers assigned bible verses for us to memorize on Mondays and to recite back to the class on Fridays.

When I was 22 years old(1957) I was baptized before a congregation of about 1000 and then I proceeded to live within the church and it's activities for the next 40 years. When I was a little over 60 I denounced the whole thing. I actually never did believe in virgin birth, healing by touching, raising from the dead, feeding 6000-8000 with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, turning water into wine, walking on water, etc. I surely never believed that a man was hung on a tree, bled like a hog and then to at least thirty or forty people showed up fit as a fiddle two days later.

The people who wrote this stuff do not even believe it themselves...not to mention that there were at least three dozen similar stories told by primitive mankind dating all the way back to ancient Egypt nearly 3000 years before the Jewish version.

I have declared in my last will and testament that I do not believe in ghosts, holy or otherwise. I think the brainwashing of innocent infants and small children should be classed as child abuse and the ones who do it should be prosecuted. This continued worship of ancient gods should be stopped by any methods necessary to end it.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:10 PM  
Traveler

Kinda reminds me of that famous Thomas Paine quote.......Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.

Read more: Thomas Paine Quotes - BrainyQuote...
Old 06-02-2011, 12:18 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Kinda reminds me of that famous Thomas Paine quote.......Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.

Read more: Thomas Paine Quotes - BrainyQuote...
Now we're cookin'

Tell it like it is. This is one of my favorites. An excerpt from a letter written to then president John Adams from Thomas Jefferson(second president). Believe it or not after hundreds of years this is closer than ever to happening. The Internet is causing more and more young people to put the worship of ancient gods aside and go on with their lives.

"the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"
Old 06-02-2011, 12:21 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I think the brainwashing of innocent infants and small children should be classed as child abuse and the ones who do it should be prosecuted.

Locally we have a church that's been on the news continuously over the 6 years I've spent here. Their kids get sick and the church prays for them. Often the kid dies. They think that's a message from God and I agree.

It's God saying "YOU'RE FREAKING IDIOTS AND SHOULD BE NEUTERED!!!". The current case is an infant girl with a growth over one eye. Docs say permanent blindness by the Church method but they took the kid and fixed her.

If you inbred moronic trash want to live like Islamaniacs then go ahead but first give up your kids, you're unqualified to parent a toad.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
"the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"
The "scaffolding" is there for the ones who need extra ooga booga to just behave like good people.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:25 PM  
Traveler

Another great quote I enjoy...... The definition of a hypocrite... "a person who is not himself on Sunday.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:34 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Another great quote I enjoy...... The definition of a hypocrite... "a person who is not himself on Sunday.
Question...is a hypocrite a liar??

Rev 21:8
But people who are cowardly, unfaithful, detestable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars will find themselves in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death."

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!